It is quite difficult to maintain harmony and not gain extra kilos in the modern pace of life. However, in order not to gain weight, it is not necessary to sit on a rigid diet and give up your favorite food. You can read about this on National HRT. This site is rich in useful information about your health and how to take care about yourself. It turns out that it is enough to observe a few simple rules of a healthy and balanced diet to feel yourself great and do not gain weight.
Here is a simple instruction:
1. Limit the portions. Often, in cafes and restaurants large portions of food are served, but you can ask to split it in half and share your portion with a friend, or order the children’s portion, in this way you can also save on lunch or dinner. You can take containers with a home-cooked favorite salad or other favorite dishes for work.
2. Do not let your body go hungry, eat every 3-4 hours, or simply arrange snacks between meals, which can be nuts, fruits, dairy products, bread. So you will feel less hungry and it will be easier and quicker for your stomach to digest small amounts of food, which accelerates the metabolic processes in the body.
3. Drink at least 1.5 liters of water a day, and only water. Tea, coffee, juices and other fluids do not make up for the needs of the body in the water, because, as it is known, it consists of more than half of it. Water plays a very important role – it speeds up the metabolism in the body. However, there is a little rule – it is desirable to drink water for at least half an hour before and one hour after a meal. If you drink it while eating, the stomach wall stretch and it looks like a bulging tummy externally.
4. Try not to skip breakfast, ideally it should be a quarter of the daily diet, and consist mainly of carbohydrates. It has been observed that the more you have for breakfast, the less you feel hungry during the day, besides it gives cheerfulness and energy. It is desirable to have dinner maximum 4 hours before the bedtime, and do not overload the stomach, giving preference to low-calorie dishes, so food has time to be digested and not stored as fat while you sleep.
5. If possible, follow the diet. It should be balanced so that the body receives all the necessary vitamins and minerals. The meals should include food of plant origin – fruits, vegetables, grains; protein-containing products – meat, fish, dairy products, eggs; as well as oils, nuts, seeds. If you find it hard to give up sweets and starchy foods, choose low-calorie desserts, which can be found in health food stores or prepare yourself for the tested recipes, and try to eat them in the morning, and do not forget to move more.