Fat: 9 g (1 g saturated fat)
Carbohydrate: 17 g
Protein: 28 g
Fiber: 3 g.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 (4-oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. spicy brown mustard
- 2/3 cup apple cider
- 1 medium granny smith apple, sliced lengthwise 1/8-inch
- 1 medium red apple, sliced lengthwise 1/8-inch (e.g., Gala, Fuji or Pink Lady)
- 8 cups packed fresh baby
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Sear chicken, cooking 6-7 minutes on each side until browned. Remove chicken and let sit a few minutes. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces, cover and set aside to keep warm.
- To skillet, add garlic, mustard and cider and stir to combine well. Add apple slices and reduce heat to medium. Let simmer 5-6 minutes, stirring often.
- Return chicken to skillet. Stir occasionally as sauce thickens, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add spinach to skillet. Stir until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Serve hot.