Make-up tips for Valentine Day
You can make Valentine Day a grand success by planning your 'dressing up' well in advance. Whether you plan a romantic night out with the one you love, or a night out with the girls, don't hesitate to try these tips, and have a great Love Day!
This Valentine's day you can show your partner that you are a pretty face and more. Follow the tips below to get the right looks right on time:
- What to wear- Petite dresses that are fitted and end above the knee, such as shift, wrap or A-line dresses, are very flattering. Mini-skirts that sit on a woman's natural waist are also a good fashion choice when deciding what to wear. It really helps to know if you are going to be outdoors or indoors, if it is going to be a formal date or an informal hanging out at the local pub. If it is outdoors, make sure you are warm and cute in your woolies rather than ridiculous and cold in bare shoulders.
- Hair: Simply set hair on large hot rollers and allow to cool. Pull rollers out and brush through mane. If extra-long locks aren't already you, try clipping in a few human-hair extensions for added volume and length. If you want an extra fem look tie a scarf. Wrap it like a headband, around a pony or all over your head. Be sure to go for a color that makes your outfit 'pop'. For more on hair styles, click here.
- Face: Dust a powder foundation all over the face, being careful to blend well. Use a foundation that gives a really natural glow with great coverage.
- Eyes: Sweep a soft shimmer beige brown shadow on entire lid extending up to the crease. Use a soft chocolate brown eye pencil on top and wedging between lashes, making a thicker line on outer corner, then blend top line with a soft brush. Apply false eye lashes on top lashes in a edgy style depending on personal taste. Make sure you measure and cut the lashes accordingly to your eye shape.
- Cheeks: Using a cream blush with finger tips apply in a pink or red tone on apple of cheeks, then follow with the same color in a powder blush and apply on top of cream blush for a hot sexy blushing cheek. You can also use powder blush to create a cute rosy complexion and heighten the color in your cheeks.
- Lips: Keep your lips soft and kissable with lip gloss or flavored chap sticks. If you are hesitant to wear bright red lipstick, wear a soft red gloss instead. Valentine's Day is all about kissing the one you love. Be sure to keep your lips hydrated with shea butter. This natural ingredient keeps your lips smoother longer than petroleum. Use your lip liner on top of lipstick. This helps to avoid the oblivious line around the lips when your gloss comes off. Lining after your lip color also allows for easier application and blend ability. For fuller lips, add shimmer.
- Add a scent: Spray the flirtiest perfume you could have found on your pulse points. Walk through the spritz to envelop yourself in the fragrance.
- Pick a purse to match with your clothes and equip it with makeup you might have to repair.
- Put on the smile - flirty or friendly- whatever the occasion calls for!
In the words of Christa Jean, there are four rules a petite woman should follow to create a balanced look.
- If wearing super tight pants, choose a flowing top.
- If wearing a fitted revealing top, choose wider leg pants or a flowing skirt.
- If wearing a mini, be more modest on top.
- If wearing a super low cut top, cover up your legs.