Aloe is a lily-like, green, and sometimes spiny shrub with very little, if any, stem. Aloe Vera derives its name from the Arabic word ‘alloeh’, which means bitter. With a high water content of nearly 96%, the aloe vera plant has been hailed as a medicinal plant with many a beneficial property. The aloe vera plant can easily be grown at home – it is virtually maintenance free.
Aloe Vera gel is a mixture of antibiotic, astringent, coagulating agent, pain inhibitor, cell growth stimulator and scar inhibitor. It contains a total of 70 “essential ingredients” including most vitamins including B12, minerals, enzymes, protein and amino acids.
It is used to heal both internally and externally.
Uses of Aloe Vera to the Skin:
- Aloe vera is beneficial for burns, blisters, frostbite, allergic reactions and insect bites.
- Aloe vera gel is used to shrink warts and lessen the painful effects of shingles.
- Products that contain aloe vera contain high concentration of curative agent which is useful for the skin.
- Aloe Vera is useful to treat cracks and beneficial for dry skin.
- All products of aloe vera are utilized as an area of skin cure contingent and maintain the healthy skin.
- People who have dry skin utilize aloe vera oil for making the skin shiny and normal.
- It is the best skin moisturizer that keeps the skin flexible by providing oxygen to the skin cells which in order improves the synthesis and strength of skin’s tissue.
- It makes the skin glowing and smooth.
- Aloe vera products are very famous amongst the consumers because of the moisturizing qualities which are good for the skin diseases or skin. It is utilized to treat many skin diseases such as burns, inflammations, eczema, wounds, psoriasis etc. The symptoms of psoriasis can be reduced with aloe vera gel. You can then break off a part of the leaf and use the fresh gel to apply on any burn or other wound. .
- When the aloe vera leaf is broken, it oozes a thick sap that drips from the open end. This bitter sap is used to accelerate wound healing and reduce inflammation.
- It is beneficial to remove dead skin cells.
- Aloe vera is beneficial to prevent the aging of the skin.
- It decreases the intensity of pigmentation and lightens dark spots on the face.
- Aloe vera increases the capability of the skin in order that it can hydrate itself.
- It is useful for the cosmetic products such as anti-wrinkle creams, skin conditioners, make up, lipsticks, makeup and facial masks.
- Aloe vera gel is beneficial to improve the skin lesions.
- Gel from the Aloe vera leaf has shown good results in treating facial edema. When used a mouth rinse, aloe vera offers benefits for treating lockjaw and cold spores.
- It can also be used as a hair styling gel and works especially well for curly or fuzzy hair.
- Therefore, aloe vera offers many benefits not only to the surface of the skin but other advantages such as treatment of many skin disorders.
Skin care products with aloe vera increase the availability of oxygen to the skin and thereby aid synthesis and strength of the skin tissues. Aloe Vera lotions are widely used for cleansing the skin. Many of the skin care products containing aloe vera are also fortified with Vitamin E and collagen to maintain the skin’s elasticity and suppleness and keep the moisture in. You can pick up suntan lotions with aloe vera. The anti-burning properties of Aloe combined with SPF factors make this an excellent skin care product.