The theme for World Asthma Day 2020 is ‘Enough Asthma Deaths’. The best thing that a person with asthma can do to keep their asthma under control in the current pandemic is by following the top 5 on Asthma day.
- Continue your medications regularly to keep asthma under the best possible control so that if there is any exposure to an allergen or an infection, then your lungs are in a better position to deal with it. Look up for best inhaler techniques online about how to best clean, store and look after it.
- If you develop any symptoms like fever, cough, breathlessness, body aches, etc., inform your doctors early.
- Avoid exposure to asthma triggers including dust, smoke, pollen, etc.
- Strong emotions can induce asthma attacks. So, learn to cope with anxiety and stress in these days of uncertainties.
- Practice social distancing, good hand hygiene and follow other measures issued by the government.
Health experts have warned that infection with corona-virus can result in an asthma attack or other serious lung condition for asthmatics so they must continue with their preventive inhalers.