Thanksgiving is only a few days away and if you are still looking for tasty recipes to WOW your friends and family, then make sure to try the following recipes.
O’dang Thanksgiving Vegan Bowl (featuring their Honey Mustard dressing)
- – 1 large carrot, peeled, quartered, and cut into 2” long pieces
- ½ medium acorn squash, sliced
- 1 ½ cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1.5 – 2 cups broccoli florets (cut large)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp brown sugar (plus a little extra)
- 3 pinches of salt
- 2 tbsp O’dang Honey Mustard dressing
- Mashed Potato Ingredients
- 1 (1.5lb bag) of yellow potatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pinch each of dried thyme and oregano
*For Roasted Vegetables*
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix carrots and acorn squash with O’dang dressing, brown sugar, and salt. Spread carrots and squash out on the baking sheet.
- In the same bowl used for the carrots and squash, mix the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Spread Brussels sprouts out on the same baking sheet.
- Finally, in the same bowl, mix the broccoli with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Massage the olive oil and garlic into the tops of the florets. Spread the broccoli on the baking sheet.
- While roasting the vegetables, begin preparing your mashed potatoes and gravy at the same time.
- Bake vegetables for 10-15 minutes. Flip/stir the vegetables and sprinkle with ¼ cup of chopped pecans. Top the squash with an extra sprinkle of brown sugar. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
*For Mashed Potatoes*
- Add potatoes to a large pot of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes (until the largest potato is fork-tender).
- Drain and mash potatoes.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, vegan butter, salt, dried thyme, and oregano. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, and if desired, extra butter and a splash of unsweetened or original non-dairy milk.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl. add cranberries and chopped pecans for a festive touch!
- Enjoy! And relax!
O’dang Fall Panzanella Salad (Featuring their lemon caesar dressing)
- 2 cups golden beets, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 ½ cups fennel bulb, thinly sliced (reserve 1 tbsp. fennel fronds)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 3 cups crusty Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 bunch lacinto (dinosaur) kale, stems removed
- 1 gala apple, cored and diced
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup O’dang Lemon Caesar dressing
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Transfer the beets, Brussels sprouts, and fennel to a baking sheet. Toss with a tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. On a separate baking sheet, spread the bread cubes in an even layer. Roast the veggies on the top rack for 25 to 30 minutes, until the beets are fork-tender and the Brussels sprouts are slightly caramelized.
- Pop the bread in the oven for the last 5 to 7 minutes of roasting. When done, the cubes should be dry and crunchy on the outside and slightly soft in the middle.
- While the veggies are roasting, slice the kale into thin, 1-inch long pieces and add them to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle the kale with a pinch of sea salt and massage the leaves until soft and bright green. Core and dice the apple and toss it in the bowl with the kale.
- When the veggies and bread are done roasting, remove them from the oven. Transfer the bread to the bowl with the kale and apples and drizzle with about half of the O’dang dressing. Toss to coat. Stir in the roasted veggies and top with the pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and reserved fennel fronds.
- Serve immediately with remaining dressing and enjoy!
About O’dang Foods
O’dang Dressings are plant-based and available in both vegan and vegetarian options. The eight flavors are: Greek Tzatziki, Lemon Caesar, Roasted Red Pepper, Garden Herb Ranch, Southwest Ranch and Honey Mustard, in addition to the newest flavors Classic Mediterranean and Balsamic Feta. These delicious dressings are available at Walmart Stores as well as many other retailers nationwide. Visit the O’dang website for the full store list.
O’dang also offers an egg-free, dairy-free mayo. A brand new innovation, our mayos are available in three flavors: Lemon Garlic, Cucumber Dill and Roasted Red Pepper. Each mayo flavor contains 20% chickpea protein and broth (aquafaba). The line is Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Kosher OUD, and O’dang Mayos do not contain any cholesterol or trans fats and are low in saturated fat and low in sodium. Available now at all Publix Supermarket locations.
The complete line of O’dang Dressings and Mayos are also available for purchase on the brand’s website: https://www.odangfoods.com Follow on social media @OdangFoods #Odangfoods
DAH! Curried Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- A dollop of DAH! plain almond cup yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Stab each sweet potato a few times around with a fork and place them on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes-1 hour or until tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once hot, add in the garlic, black beans, chickpeas, cumin, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for 3 minutes.
- When sweet potatoes are ready to serve, cut the center of the potatoes open and mash the inside. Divide the chickpea mixture evenly among the potatoes. Add a dollop of DAH! plain almond yogurt. ENJOY!
DAH! Fall Fig and Cinnamon Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup DAH! Plain Lassi
- 3-4 fresh figs
- 1 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp flax seeds or meal
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Adjust almond milk and ice to desired consistency.
- Top with your favorite toppings (we suggest figs, chia seeds, granola, or dried coconut)
- Serve and Enjoy!
DAH! Vegan Maple Pear French Toast
- 2 slices bread of choice (gluten-free, low cal, etc)
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/2 TBSP ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1TBSP DAH! Vanilla Almond Yogurt
- Maple Pear Compote Ingredients:
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/2 ripe pear
- Mash the banana in a bowl. Then add the flax seeds, almond milk, vanilla extract, and stevia. It should be liquid-y. If not, add a little bit more almond milk.
- Soak your bread in this mixture for 2 minutes per side.
- Spray a large pan with nonstick spray and heat to medium. Add your soaked bread; let cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until lightly brown. Remove and set to the side.
- Thinly slice the ripe pear, then add it to the pan with maple syrup. Let cook on a low heat for 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Pour on top of your french toast.
- Finish with tbsp of DAH! yogurt
DAH! is the leading India-inspired yogurt company in North America. The company’s traditional, slow-cultured process makes its product lines a leader in the yogurt category. DAH! offers traditional dairy Lassi and plant-based yogurt cups in various flavors, including Plain, Alphonso Mango, Field Strawberry, Wild Blueberry, Golden Milk, and Madagascar Vanilla. The 2020 Sofi Award Winning brand took home the Gold Award in the ‘Yogurt & Kefir’ category for its 32oz Lassi Alphonso Mango and the Bronze Award in the ‘Plant-Based-Other Dairy’ category for its Alphonso Mango Almond yogurt. The company’s products can be found in Whole Foods, Market Basket, Safeway, Walmart, Publix, Wegmans, Erewhon, Bristol Farms, and specialty grocery stores. www.dahlicious.com / @dahlicious on instagram
Fall Minestrone Soup by The Jersey Tomato Co.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 2-pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2” cubes
- 1/2 jar JTC Tomato Basil sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups dry Ditalini pasta
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, thinly sliced into ribbons
- Sea salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a deep soup pot or dutch oven over medium heat. In another pot, boil the ditalini pasta in salted water until just below al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- To the dutch oven, add the ground sausage, crumble, and season with sea salt and pepper. Cook until browned and using a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the additional tablespoon of olive oil to the pot and cook the onion, celery, and carrots until softened, but not browned. Stir in the garlic and tomato paste and season with sea salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, and fresh rosemary.
- Stir in the chicken broth, JTC sauce, bay leaves, beans, and butternut squash. Return the sausage back to the pot, and bring the soup to a simmer.
- Cover the soup and simmer until the butternut squash is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in the Swiss chard, cooking until wilted and tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the pasta. Taste and adjust for additional seasoning.
- Serve the soup topped with shaved Parmesan cheese and additional fresh rosemary. Enjoy!
The Jersey Tomato Co’s Pappardelle Mushroom Ragu
- 1 pound pappardelle
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme, freshly chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated, for serving
- 1 cup JTC Tomato Basil sauce
- In a 12-14-inch sauté pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil over high heat until it is smoking. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook them over high heat for 5 minutes, until the onions are a light golden brown. Add the chopped mushrooms, and continue cooking until they have given up most of their water, about 9-10 minutes. Add the JTC sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper, to taste, then reduce the heat to medium. Cook the sauce for 5 more minutes, until the mixture is of a ragù consistency.
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil, and add 2 tablespoons of salt. Drop the pasta in the pot, and cook it until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving the cooking water, and add the pasta to the ragù.
- Add the pasta to the pan with the mushroom ragù, JTC sauce, and toss. Add the parsley, and toss over high heat for 1 minute to coat the pappardelle evenly, adding a ladleful of pasta water if needed.
- Top each dish with the freshly-grated Parmigiano Reggiano, and serve immediately.
The Jersey Tomato Co’s Vegetarian Calzone
- 1 pre-made pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 whole medium onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 2 whole eggs plus 1 whole egg, beaten
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- JTC Marinara Sauce, warmed, for serving
- Place the pizza dough on a baking sheet to thaw. Cover with a tea towel and let thaw and rise for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and allow to cook for a couple of minutes. Add the sausage and cook until brown, crumbling the sausage as you stir. Add the Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Remove from the skillet and allow to cool on a plate.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, salt, some pepper, parsley, and 2 eggs.
- When the sausage is cool, stir it into the cheese mixture and set aside.
- When the rolls are thawed and risen, roll them out on a lightly floured surface until paper thin. Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons of the filling onto half of the dough circle. Fold half of the dough over itself, and then press the edges to seal.
- Brush the surface of each calzone with the beaten egg, and then bake until nice and golden brown, 10 to 13 minutes.
- Serve with warm JTC Marinara Sauce and enjoy!
About The Jersey Tomato Co. with Tom Colicchio
The Jersey Tomato Co. a favorite low-sodium tomato sauce line, has now partnered with renowned chef and notable ‘Top Chef’ Head Judge Tom Colicchio for the brand’s 2020 relaunch, complete with new packaging featuring Colicchio’s face on the jars. The tomato sauce line offers Jersey tomato-based products which emphasize vine-ripened, garden-fresh taste and naturally healthful attributes. Having entered the marketplace in 2010, the brand is currently in over 1,400 retail stores nationwide, with the following flavor profiles available to consumers: Marinara, Tomato Basil and Spicy, with their brand-new Roasted Garlic flavor about to launch. The Jersey Tomato Co. sauces are naturally low in sodium, with no fillers or additives resulting in a clean label product, gluten free, Non-GMO, naturally low in sodium, vegan, and certified Kosher, and they have no added sugars, no citric acid, and zero preservatives. Available at retailers including Sprouts, Shoprite, Harris Teeter, Stop & Shop, Winn Dixie and more. wwwjerseytomatoco.com @thejerseytomatoco on Instagram
Gingered Jun Pearbucha
OR MAKE AS A MOCKTAIL- Just as delicious.
- 8 oz. Wild Tonic® Chai Pear Jun Kombucha
- 1/4 cup of Pear Brandy
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey dissolved in 1/8 cup hot water & muddled with 1 tsp. fresh ginger root
- Strain Ginger root and honey mixture into highball glass with ice. Stir in remaining ingredients. Garnish with a slice of lemon.
Wild Tonic Jun Kombucha
WILD TONIC® Jun Kombucha recently reintroduced its seasonal fan-favorite flavor Chai Pear, which debuted for the holiday season on November 1, 2020. Just ahead of National Pear Month (December), the must-have fall beverage that is not only refreshing with the juicy pear flavor, it is carefully crafted to perfection with seasonal flavor notes of warm cinnamon, honey and slight fennel sweetness creating the delicious Chai Spice Blend. You are sure to fall in love with Wild Tonic’s Chai Pear seasonal flavor.
The newest offering, Chai Pear, is available in Wild Tonic’s environmentally friendly signature cobalt blue 16oz bottle in traditional non-alc Jun Kombucha, and sold at major retailers including Sprouts and Whole Foods, as well as e-commerce https://www.wildtonic.com. In addition, Wild Tonic is currently available on Instacart and Amazon, Favor, PostMates, Uber Eats, Holiday Wine Cellar, and many other retailers and beverage delivery services around the country. Distributed in 45 states, Wild Tonic can be found in natural health food stores, major retail chains, and exclusive restaurants and resorts.
Other flavors perfect for holiday mixing include Mango Ginger, Lavender Love, Blueberry Basil, and more.
While delicious on its own, WILD TONIC® is often used as a mixer cocktails and mocktails.
(Better-for-You- Snack which pairs perfectly with O’dang’s dippable Vegan Mayo)
SNAX-Sational Brands’ PENNE STRAWS has become a consumer favorite, the crunchy, tasty, penne shaped snack by Pasta Snacks. They make for the perfect appetizer for holiday entertaining, delicious on their own or with dips and salsas. Pasta Snacks by Vintage Italia has grown to be the go-to chip alternative. Penne Straws are a plant-based, low-calorie, gluten free, pasta-shaped treat featuring a delicious crunch and seasoned to perfection in five tasty flavors. Cinnamon Churro, Lemon Garlic, Mac ‘N Cheese, Marinara, and Sweet Pepper. Made with all-natural ingredients inclusive of Lentils & White Beans, the snack is non-GMO, OUD Kosher certified, and cholesterol-free. www.pastasnacks.com #PenneStraws @EatPastaSnacks