While losing weight is the idea behind a Keto diet, for it to work effectively it is important to consume the exact amount of protein, fats, and carbs pertaining to your specific body type. The source of fat in the recipes also needs to be considered, as some fats promote inflammation.
Keeping these major keto beginner tips in mind, here are five easy low-carb keto recipes that are high in fat and taste delicious, of course.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time. : 20 minutes
Serves. : 2 persons
- 1 ½ tbsp rapeseed oil
- Sliced garlic two
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- Spinach 200 gms
- Two large eggs
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2 trimmed leeks-sliced
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Heat the oil, add salt and the leeks till soft.
- Add the coriander, garlic, fennel and chilli flakes.
- When the seeds begin to crackle add the spinach.
- Stir until the spinach has wilted and place at one side of the pan.
- Fry the eggs as per your taste
- Stir the yogurt in the spinach mix and top it with the fried eggs. Squeeze some lemon, season with black pepper and chilli flakes and serve.
Full of protein, fat, iron, and vitamin C, this breakfast dish will keep you supercharged throughout the day.
Chicken with olives and artichokes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hr and 40 minutes
- 2.5 kg chicken
- Thinly sliced garlic cloves-8 pieces
- 200 ml white wine
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 10 tomatoes- halved
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 15 button onions
- 100 gms green olives
- 285 gms artichoke hearts
- Completely coat the chicken with garlic,wine,2 tbsp oil, thyme, salt and marinate it overnight.
- Grill the tomatoes in 1 tbsp oil for 15 minutes till charred.
- Fry the chicken in batches in a tbsp oil for 15 minutes till the skin is crisp and golden. Remove the chicken and add the puree into the dish and cook for two minutes. Add the herbs, fennel seeds,stock and boil. Add the grilled tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 160°C, transfer the chicken and cook for one hour. Add the olives, scatter the artichokes, settle for 15 minutes and serve straight from the dish.
Tuna and cucumber salad
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 400 gm tuna steaks
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- Cucumber 3 numbers
- Radish 8 peeled and cut
- Ginger cut into thin slices
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 red chilli
- 4 tbsp yoghurt
- Whisk the sauce, sesame oil and pepper in a shallow dish
- Heat the sunflower oil.
- Sear the steaks to your liking
- Transfer into the shallow dish to marinate for an hour.
- Toss the vegetables, add ginger, lime juice, coriander and chilli and rest for 20 minutes.
- Whisk everything together for the dressing, arrange the tuna over the salad and serve.
Creamy tomato soup with vegetables and chicken
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Sauteed onions
- Good quality stock
- Fresh garlic
- Simmer all with some ground chicken and add a healthy dose of cream. Add veggies and a killer tomato soup is ready for dinner.
Beef kofta kebabs
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Kofta kebabs are all about spices. In addition to salt and pepper add the above spices to the ground beef.
- Heat grill to medium temperature.
- Let the ground beef mix sit for some time, preferably a day ahead.
- Mould the meat to the skewer with your hand and lay on the preheated grill, rotating the skewers for 10 minutes till cooked.
- Serve with hummus and tzatziki sauce.
So this was our list of handpicked low-calorie keto recipes. Have you tried any of them? Share in the comments below.