- Stand or sit at the end of a bench with your feet slightly apart.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand, with your palms facing your body.
- Your shoulders should be back, your torso should be upright, and your back straight.
Keeping your elbows at your sides, curl the dumbbells up to chest height.
Hold for a brief second flexing your biceps.
- Your wrist should be locked and your palm should continue to face in toward your body as you lift.
- Lower the weight to the starting position in a slow, controlled manner.
- Don't rock or sway to build momentum.
- Don't let the weight just drop. Lower the weight slowly.