Incline Bench Curl
- Lie on an incline exercise bench with a dumbbell in each hand, palms held upwards.
- Let your arms extend straight down near your sides.
- Keeping your arms close to your body throughout the exercise, slowly lift the dumbbells upward as high as possible (approximately chest height) without letting your elbows leave your sides.
- Hold for a brief second flexing your biceps.
- Return to the starting position in a slow, controlled manner.
- Don't let your back arch or rise from the bench in an attempt to accomplish the exercise.
- Keep your back flat against the bench at all times.
- Don't just let the weights drop to the starting position. Resist the weight while slowly lowering it.
- Don't let your elbows move upwards, away from your side. Keep your elbows at a "fixed-point" on your sides.
Alternate exercises: Biceps Curl (Bb), Biceps Curl (Db)