Leg Extension (One Leg)
- Sit in a leg extension machine with your legs behind the roller pads and your hands grasping the machines handles or the sides of the bench.
- Your knees should be bent at 90 and have the seat or bench against the back of your knees with your toes pointing in front of you.
- Slowly extend (lift) your legs by raising your lower leg and contracting your quadriceps until they are almost straight out in front of you, without locking your knees at full extension. Hold that position for a split second while flexing your quadriceps.
- Return to starting position slowly, in a controlled manner.
- Don't lock your knees at full extension.
- Don't jerk the weight up.
- Don't let the roller pad just drop down, be sure to let the weight down slowly.