Dump and Dash Taco Soup
Prep: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 10oz cans Rotel
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 15.5oz can seasoned black beans, drained
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 10oz bag frozen corn
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ cup water
- Add all of your ingredients into the slow cooker. Give it a good stir to make sure that everything is incorporated well.
- Close the instant pot on your lid by twisting it closed. Close the valve to seal the pressure by pushing the valve away from you.
- Set your instant pot to high pressure for 10 minutes. After the instant pot has completed, do a quick release by pulling the valve toward you to release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken breast from the instant pot and transferred to a cutting board. Shred your chIcken, and then add back to your instant pot. Mix well.
- This fantastic Instant pot taco soup is weight watchers friendly and has zero points. It’s so yummy and super tasty!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup instant oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanuts
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup frozen mixed berry blend
- Put Items in a blender in this order: cottage cheese, oatmeal, powdered peanuts and egg whites.
- Turn on blender and blend until smooth like pancake batter.
- Pour into a bowl and fold in berry fruit mix.
- Use cooking spray in skillet. Makes 4 to 7 pancakes depending on size.
Serving size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 1.5 grams
- Cholesterol: 1 milligrams
- Sodium: 195 milligrams
- Carbohydrates: 9 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5 grams
- Sugar: 1 grams
- Protein: 10 grams
Recipe modified from Bell Plantation Inc.
Tofu and Broccoli Quiche Recipe
- ½ cup uncooked bulgur wheat
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- ½ pound broccoli, chopped
- ¼ pound mushrooms, chopped
- 1½ pounds tofu
- 2 tablespoons sesame tahini
- 1 tablespoon umeboshi paste (pickled plum paste) or white miso
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a small pot, add bulgur and salt and return to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Press hot bulgur into a greased 9-inch pie pan and baked for 12 minutes, or until somewhat dry and crust-like. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions, broccoli and mushrooms to skillet and cook briefly.
- Cover skillet and turn off heat; set aside while you prepare tofu mixture.
- Blend tofu, tahini, umeboshi paste and tamari in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and add cooked vegetables. Toss gently to combine.
- Pour vegetable mixture into bulgur crust, then bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 6 slices slices and serve hot or cold.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving (⅙ recipe):
- Total Calories: 190
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 1 g
- Total cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 350 mg
- Total carbohydrates: 18g
- Dietary fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 13g
Brought to you by Dietetic Intern: Laurie Wohlscheid. Adapted from the recipe at wholefoodsmarket.com
Please note, recipes may need to be modified based on your own gastric bypass diet stage.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.