Its time to bring some variation to those busy mornings with these 5 easy breakfasts ideas. Some are quickly made in the morning, others you make the night before, then heat and run!
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 frozen low-fat multigrain waffles
- 1 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Sliced tomato, optional
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook Canadian bacon over medium-high heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and green onion; add to the same pan. Cook and stir until egg is thickened and no liquid egg remains.
- Meanwhile, prepare waffles according to package directions. Place one waffle on a plate. Top with Canadian bacon, scrambled egg, cheese and, if desired, tomato. Top with remaining waffle. 1 sandwich equals 261 calories.
Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast
- 12 slices bread
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons jelly or jam
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Spread peanut butter on six slices of bread; spread jelly on six slices of bread. Put one slice of each together to form sandwiches. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and salt. Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
- 1/2 cup raw quick oats**
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 ripe medium banana
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 1/2 cup ice
- Cook oats and water in a small pot for about a minute or two, stirring often until it becomes thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and let it cool a few minutes.
- In a blender add almond milk, blueberries, banana, cooled oats, vanillas, sugar and ice. Blend on high until very smooth. Pour in a glass over ice. Enjoy!!
- Makes 3 1/2 cups.
- *Use gf oats to make this gluten-free.
Easy Egg Muffins
- Olive Oil Spray (Pure Olive Oil)
- 4 scallions (or green onions), minced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 red bell pepper, minced
- 14 egg whites
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 slice partly skimmed mozzarella cheese, or 1/4 cup shredded
- Dash of sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 12-muffin tin with a small amount of olive oil spray to prevent sticking.
- Combine vegetables in a big bowl. Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full with vegetables.
- Whisk eggs and seasonings in a large mixing bowl.
- Use a 1/3-measuring cup for the egg mixture and pour slowly into each muffin tin. Egg mixture should fill tin the rest of the way. Top each cup with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until muffins have risen and are slightly browned.
- Serve or keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and grab as snacks to go!
Breakfast Bagel Sandwich
- 1 bagel (flavor of your choice- I prefer Everything or Egg bagels)
- 1 egg
- 1 slice cheese (flavor of your choice- I prefer American)
- 2 pieces cooked bacon (any breakfast meat) or 2 pieces sausage (any breakfast meat)
- or 2 pieces deli ham (any breakfast meat) or 2 pieces Canadian bacon (any breakfast meat)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place bagel in toaster and toast as desired.
- Over medium heat, fry egg in frying pan.
- Turn off heat but, leave pan on burner.
- Place meat on top of egg and then the cheese on top of the meat.
- Cover with a lid and let the heat melt the cheese.
- Butter toasted bagel.
- Place egg, meat, and cheese pile on one half of bagel and top with the other half.
- Slice in half and enjoy!
Feel Full the healthier Way.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.