Berry and Kale Yogurt Smoothie
By Kenzo, retired cook & passionate food blogger
The most important thing our gut needs in the morning is probiotics and antioxidants to protect our bodies from everyday toxins.
To make sure your body gets all the right nutrients without you having to cook several dishes, the best idea is to put all the necessary ingredients in a blender and turn it into a smoothie. This fulfilling Berry and Kale Yogurt Smoothie will give you all the nutrients accompanied with a delicious flavor that’ll leave you wanting more!
- Banana: 1 Medium-sized
- Mixed Berries: ½ Cup
- Greek Yogurt: ¾ Cup
- Almond Butter: 1 Tablespoon
- Kale: A Handful
- Protein Powder: 2 Tablespoons
- Honey (Optional):1 Teaspoon
- Water: ½ Cup or as Required
- In a blender, put all the ingredients except water and blend at a low speed. You might need to use the pulse option initially to ensure everything gets enough time and space to combine thoroughly.
- At this point, your smoothie will have a thick consistency. So, scrape the walls of the jug and add a little bit of water. Blend again while slowly adding more water till you get the desired consistency.
- Pour the smoothie into a tumbler and screw the lid on tightly. There you have it, a quick, easy, and healthy breakfast recipe that you can have on the go.
This recipe is packed full of nutrients to give your body the fuel to start the day.
- Bananas: Bananas are a great source of magnesium, potassium, vitamin C and B6, and fiber. These nutrients will help protect your muscles and tissues from damage and help increase the production of red blood cells.
- Berries: Berries are rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, and folic acid. They will help protect your skin and internal organs from the damage caused by free radicals. Not only that, but berries also help stabilize blood pressure.
- Greek Yogurt: Greek Yogurt is an ideal source of calcium, healthy fats, and probiotics. It will help you strengthen your bones and promote good gut health. Unsweetened Greek yogurt is also quite low in carbs which will help you maintain a healthy weight.
- Almond Butter: Almond butter contains a generous amount of monounsaturated fats that can help you lower the bad cholesterol and increase the good cholesterol to regulate hormones and build cells.
- Kale: Kale is rich in folate, Vitamin A, Iron, and other minerals to support immunity and increase your general health. It also promotes bone and eye health. It is known as a superfood for all the right reasons.
- Protein Powder: As the name suggests, Protein powder is a direct source of protein that can help you build muscle tissues. This supplement is used as an alternative to food sources of protein that may include carbs and fats.
- Honey: Honey is also a superfood rich in pantothenic acid, ascorbic acid, niacin, and riboflavin. It is great for your gut health and improves immunity. This natural sweetener will add a touch of sweetness to your smoothie without compromising your health.
Apple Pie Overnight Oats
Chef Kiersten is a “CHOPPED” Champion Food Network 2021
- ½cup quick oats
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½c apple chopped
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 61 grams of plain Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. chopped pecans
- Grab a mason jar or any sealed container, combine the oats with the unsweetened almond milk, and mix together. Add in Greek yogurt, and cinnamon split the chopped apple into ¼ c, and mix in. Then add in the maple syrup + vanilla and mix it all together.
- Once everything is mixed, top with the pecans and the additional ¼ c of apples. We always add a little extra cinnamon on top because why not? Stick this in your fridge the night before and enjoy a delicious, nutrient-dense, high protein, and satiating breakfast.
Nutrition Benefit: 271 calories, 44g carbs, 6g protein, 6g fat
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.