Food sensitivities, poor digestion and blood sugar abnormalities, can perpetuate thyroid autoimmunity as well as cause many unpleasant symptoms like anxiety, fatigue, breakouts and weight gain.
Fats slowly raise blood sugar and keep it stable for up to 4 hours, proteins cause it to rise a little faster, and keep blood sugar stable for 2-3 hours. Carbohydrates, raise our blood sugar quickly, and one can see a decline in blood sugar in as little as 30-60 minutes (assuming the same amount of each eaten) after eating carbohydrates.
These green smoothies are packed with nutrition for your thyroid, helps to reduce inflammation and can help with detoxification. You can combine them with a hypoallergenic protein source, fat (from coconut milk) and fiber from veggies.
Green Avocado Churn
- 1 cup mixed baby greens
- 2 large carrots
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bunch of basil leaves (optional)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 scoop Peanut Protein
- Sea salt
Kale Smoothie With Pineapple and Banana
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups stemmed and chopped kale or spinach
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pineapple (about 1/4 medium pineapple)
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- Combine the coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, the kale, pineapple, and banana in a blender and puree until smooth, about 1 minute, adding more water to reach the desired consistency.
Cranberry Kale Cooler
- 2 cups fresh kale
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice, unsweetened*
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- Blend kale, cranberry juice, and water until smooth.
- Next add the remaining ingredients and blend again.
* Use at least one frozen fruit to make the green smoothie cold.
Note: 1 cup of raw cranberries plus 2 cups of water can be substituted for the unsweetened cranberry juice.
Green Smoothie Blending Tips:
- Tightly pack 2 cups of leafy greens in a measuring cup and then toss into blender.
- Add 2 cups of water and blend together until all leafy chunks are gone.
- Add 3 cups of fruit and blend again until smooth.
- Pour into a jar or a cup.
- Gulp or sip and let the magic work
Note: Try with little to begin with to make sure your body adapts and then make it in larger quantity by simply modifying with fruits and vegetable of your choice.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.