Nutritive InformationPer Serving
- Calories: 203 Kcal
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Protein: 8g
- Fiber: 3 g.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 lb. red-skinned potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can (14 oz.) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 3 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup lightly packed cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, 4 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until onion is soft, 2 minutes. Mix in cumin and oregano.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes, broth and cayenne. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer soup until potatoes are soft, about 20-30 minutes. Uncover and cool soup in pot for 10 minutes.
- Add peanut butter. Using immersion blender, whirl soup, leaving it with some texture. Or transfer soup to blender and whirl until almost smooth.
- Divide soup among 4 wide, shallow bowls, garnish with cilantro and serve.