Summer is just around the corner and believe it or not, summer body preparation should start now, in April. It might seem early, but with proper planning, and an early start, you can avoid crash diets that do little for you waist line and even less for your mood. By focusing now on an exercise routine and a balanced nutrition program, you can get your body ready for summer and beyond, and join the masses who have lost more than 1,000,000 pounds with Herbalife Nutrition. Avoid the extreme fad diets and replace them with a sensible balanced diet and exercise to set yourself up for long-term success.
Below are my top tips to getting fit for summer.
- Commit to a Fit and Healthy Summer! Think about increasing the types of activities that work for your lifestyle and that can easily be built into your day. Make it a point to read up on fitness news and information, such as this article about exercise.
- Perform Simple Stretches. Ensure you’re moving your muscles and joints through their full range of motion each day.
- Get Moving! Increase your daily activity level by taking the stairs, parking in the furthest space from the store, gardening, dancing or playing with your If you become more active in your everyday life you’ll get fit faster.
- Add Regular Walks to Your Day. You can slowly increase your time until 30-minutes feels comfortable. Then, increase your intensity level by walking faster. Start including varied terrain such as hills, then progress to a jogging or running pace.
- Perform Body Weight Resistance Exercises. Try simple squats, lunges, push-ups and then progress to using weights. Ideally, you need both resistance exercise and aerobic exercise to keep your body operating at its peak.
- Engage in Aerobic Exercise. Repetitive motion, such as running, swimming or cycling, is important for the cardiovascular system. It can also tone muscles. Incorporating a little of both aerobic and resistance training is best for your daily routine.
- Eat More Mindfully. Eating snacks that contain carbs and protein before a workout can provide you with energy, keep you focused and give your body what it needs to build muscle once the workout is over. Consistently pay attention to the foods you choose in order to properly fuel your body. Combine exercise with a meal replacement shake, like Herbalife Formula 1, to get a healthy and convenient meal while getting some exercise.
- Keep Hydrated. Consume at least two liters of water each day. It is even more important to drink water before, during and after exercise. Even low-intensity exercise requires you to be well-hydrated.