According to you 5 key essentials to learn & excel in any sport. Also, tips to master them.
There are 5 components required to harness your flow state. Flow state helps you improve performance (across athletics, business, or creativity) but it also crosses over as an attitude you can bring to life.
The 5 components are:
- Awareness: Awareness is cultivated through something as simple as mindfulness meditation. There is really no better way to start to see the thoughts that are filling our heads. Eventually, that sense of mindfulness becomes a part of everyday life and there’s no need to make it a sitting meditation anymore.
- Values: Values are the system of how we gain our personal empowerment. Extrinsic values have us feeling like failures even if we give it our all. Intrinsic values fuel us to keep trying and they prevent us from acting from fear or self-doubt. Start to take inventory of what values you are acting from and if you can shift them into intrinsic values.
- Courage: Courage is how we gain personal power to feel like we are capable of facing the possibility of failure. This is extremely important because, in order to excel, we have to push boundaries and fail often. Like feedback, if we act courageously, we gain personal power and that motivates us to act courageously again.
- Discipline: Discipline can’t be overlooked. Excellence doesn’t come easy and there is an aspect of self-control we have to embody in order to achieve our goals. We know we have to show up physically to train in a sport but how often are you disciplined about your mindset? Do we speak kindly to ourselves? Do we visualize our success? These are the components of mental discipline that take you above and beyond your goals
- Surrender. Finally, discipline is always followed by surrender. At some point, we’ve done all we can with discipline. Forcing the outcome can make us act from fear, feeling NEEDINESS around success or accomplishments. Surrender is about letting go and letting your mind and body act from instinct. By releasing any stressful thoughts, we can actually enter our flow state where peak performance occurs.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.