Nutritive InformationPer Serving:
- Calories: 209 Kcal
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrate: 19 g
- Protein: 13.5 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g.
- 6 (1-oz) slices whole-grain bread
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped, including green stems
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (any variety works, shitake or crimini are especially good)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves, loosely packed
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar, part-skim mozzarella cheese or Jarlsberg cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley or chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In toaster, lightly toast bread. Coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange toast in flat layer without overlapping.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes. Add green onion and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown, about 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook another 4 minutes. Stir in spinach and let wilt, about 2-3 minutes.
- Evenly spread mushroom and spinach mixture over toast.
- Crack an egg over each piece of toast. Lightly season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour milk over eggs and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until egg whites are set, about 28-30 minutes. Garnish with parsley or chives. Cut into 6 sections and serve hot.