- 253 calories
- 11 g total fat (2 g. saturated fat)
- 11 g carbohydrate
- 27 g protein
- 2 g fiber
- 148 mg sodium
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large egg
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 lb tilapia
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and coat baking dish with 1 tsp olive oil. Beat egg in mixing bowl and add lemon zest, remaining olive oil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix walnuts and bread crumbs in a large bowl.
- Dip fish into egg mixture. Then dredge in crumb-nut mixture, coating both sides well. Place breaded fillets on prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 17 minutes (or until inside of filet appears opaque) and serve.