Nutritive InformationPer Serving:
- 161 calories
- 5 g total fat (less than 1 g. saturated fat)
- 12 g carbohydrate
- 19 g protein
- 3 g dietary fiber
- 271 mg sodium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) “no salt added” whole tomatoes in juice, chopped and juice reserved
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 4 (4-ounce) tilapia fillets or other white fish fillets, such as haddock or cod
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add the onion, peppers, and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, reserved tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, basil, salt, and cayenne and bring to a boil.
- Add the fillets, spooning the tomato mixture over the fish. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, until the fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve immediately.