A Simple Guide to Exercise Safety
“Dana has done a great job at putting together basic, but necessary information for all exercisers, especially the beginner. In a world where we are losing personal responsibility, this book goes a long way to restore this very important human concept. Read this book and take personal responsibility for your well-being. ”
- What’s the difference between certified and QUALIFIED fitness professionals and how to distinguish the difference between the two?
- Whose nutritional advice are you taking (or buying) and are they educated enough to dispense it?
- What role does your family history play in your fitness program?
- Do you have any contraindications to exercise (that you’re aware of)?
- To eat or not to eat before a workout?
- What is an automated external defibrillator (AED) and what is it used for? Is there one in YOUR gym? Your residential community?
- Why are warming up and cooling down extremely important?
- If you are pregnant, are there certain conditions under which exercise is not advised?
- What is a “special population” and are you in this category?
- Useful health factor tables
- Injury prevention and procedures
- Links that connect you to additional helpful information
- Stories of unfortunate circumstances during exercise (the reason for the book)
- Helpful resources
- Examples of training done right
- Philosophies designed to help inspire inner peace and encourage personal responsibility
- And much more