Turkey Fajitas with Baby Spinach & Red Peppers
- Chili powder 1/2 tsp.
- Ground cinnamon 1/4 tsp.
- Ground cumin 1/4 tsp.
- Garlic powder 1/4 tsp.
- Finely ground coffee 1/8 tsp.
- Ground black pepper 1/8 tsp.
- Canola oil 1/2 Tbsp.
- Turkey cutlets 1 lb. or boneless turkey breast, cut into 3/4-inch by 3-inch pieces
- Taco-size (9-in): 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- Lightly packed baby spinach: 1⅓ cups
- Salsa Verde: 1/2 cup
- Red onion: 2 (1/2-in) slices, halved crosswise Strips
- Red bell pepper: 12 (1/2-in.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together chili powder, cinnamon, cumin, garlic powder, coffee, and black pepper.
- Place canola oil and turkey in a mixing bowl and add dry seasoning. Using fork or your hands, mix to coat the turkey evenly with marinade. Set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a medium cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Lay a large sheet of foil on your work surface. One at a time, heat tortillas in a dry pan until they are flexible, about 1 minute, turning them after 30 seconds. Stack tortillas on foil, covering them with an inverted plate until all tortillas are warmed, then seal tortillas in foil, and set them aside.
- Heat grill-pan or stovetop grill over high heat until a drop of water flicked onto it dances. Using tongs, arrange seasoned turkey pieces in rows on the grill, placing them 1/2-inch apart. This may require cooking turkey in two batches. Grill for 6 minutes, turning pieces every 1 minute so they cook evenly and avoid burning. Transfer the cooked turkey to the serving plate.
- To assemble fajitas, place a warm tortilla on a dinner plate, preferably warm. Arrange one-fourth of the spinach in center of tortilla. Add one-fourth of the turkey. Spoon on one-fourth of the salsa, top with half an onion slice, and 4 pepper strips. Fold in the top and bottom of the tortilla, then the sides. Serve immediately.
Turkey Apple Wrap with Avocado
- 1/2 ripe medium avocado, mashed
- 2 tsp. honey mustard
- 2 (8-in) whole-wheat Lavash wraps or flour tortillas
- 2 cups (washed and dried) baby spinach leaves, loosely packed, or two large leaves of a soft leafy green lettuce
- 4 (1 oz) slices fresh turkey breast1/4 apple, sliced paper-thin
- Combine mashed avocado and mustard. Lay out both wraps. Spread the edges of each with the avocado mixture.
- Leaving a margin free on the side closest to you, arrange a layer of greens on top of the wraps. Top each layer with half the turkey. Evenly divide apple slices and lay them lengthwise across the turkey. Fold over the end of the wrap closest to you, then the two sides. Roll the wrap as tightly as possible toward the opposite side.
- Cover each wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate, seam side down, up to 1 hour before serving.
- When ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap and cut each wrap in half, at an angle.
Nutritive Information (Per Serving):
- 300 calories
- 9 g total fat (1.5 g saturated fat)
- 34 g carbohydrate
- 8 g dietary fiber
- 23 g protein
- 240 mg sodium
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.