With summer season setting in, it is time to hit the beach and what better way to make the most out of your beach vacation, than a super-fast, fat burning HIIT workout on the beach.
So get your beach bum ready for a hot workout with these exercises! You can begin with a warm up in the form of a jog or run on the shore.
1. Lateral Lunges: Step right leg out into a lateral lunge with the left leg straight. As you stand up, drag the left leg back to standing while using the sand as resistance. Repeat movement on the other side.
2. Downward Dog Push-Ups: Start in a downward dog position. Walk your hands out to a full plank, perform a push-up and then walk your hands back to downward dog.
3. Donkey Kick: Get on all fours and lift your knees a few inches off the floor so your weight is on your hands and the balls of your feet. Keeping your arms straight and legs together, lift your hips and kick your feet in the air behind you. Keep kicking for 10 repetitions.
4. Ab Blast: Begin with crunches,Lie on your back on the sand, fold your knees, put hands on the sides of your forehead, lift your shoulders towards the sky using your abdominal muscles and pause at the peak. Then slowly go back to the first stage. Then do Leg raises. Lie flat on your back with your arms at your sides and legs stretched out next to each other, then raise those legs. Even if you can’t hold them perfectly rigid, keep your legs as straight as possible, and lift them until they are at 90 degrees. Make sure your toes are pointed. Then bring them back slowly. Do 20 repetitions of each.
5. Jump Squats: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Start by doing a regular squat, then engage your core and jump up explosively. When you land, lower your body back into the squat position to complete one rep. Land as quietly as possible, which requires control. Do two to three sets of 10 reps.
This month get ready to have your beach body ready by our 15 minutes HIIT beach workout.