Seated Spinal Twist
- Sit tall in the chair, feet are hip width apart, always length the spine before beginning the twist.
- Take your right hand behind you towards the back of the chair with you left hand to your right knee.
- Inhale and lengthen through the spine, exhale gently twist towards the back of the chair.
- Inhale lengthen, exhale if comfortable twist a little deeper.
- Come back to center and repeat on the other side.
- Ease into the pose, if you feel any discomfort take a break & check in with your body before resuming the pose.
This pose helps to improve digestion whilst relieving backaches, sciatica and stretches the upper body.
Goddess Side Stretch
- Bring the feet wide with toes pointing out at eleven and one.
- Bring the right forearm to rest lightly onto the thigh or if you felt comfortable reaching further you can use a block, extend the left arm up towards the ceiling, if it feels accessible extend the arm over your head.
- You can gaze towards the ceiling or look down at the floor depending what feels best in your body on any given day.
- This pose helps to strengthen the hips legs and lower back,
- It also opens up the chest and shoulders enabling you to fully expand the lungs on your inhale.
- Helps you to feel strong and energized as more oxygen reaches the lungs.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.