Chef Via Melissa
A certified Culinary Nutrition Expert (CNE), Nutritional Chef and certified Nutrition & Wellness Counselor (CNWC) based out of NY. She is the author of “Let’s Dine IN: Healthy Recipes & Tips To Minimize Your Shopping Trips” (2020), and the owner of Via’s Kitchen, a personal chef and catering company that focuses on clean, allergen friendly food. Her services include event catering, dinner parties, cooking classes, live demos, and recipe development. Her passion as a chef is to create healthy dishes with a modern twist using the cleanest of ingredients while focusing on nutrition, flavor and presentation with an emphasis on gluten and dairy free cuisine.
Chocolate Mint Mousse
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs cacao powder
- 8 mm drops of peppermint
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp ground flax seeds
- Cut avocado in half
- Discard pit and place avocado meat into a high-powered blender or food processor
- Add in milk, honey, mint, coconut oil and cacao powder
- Mix until all is smooth and well blended
- Top with flax and hemp seeds
Why the recipe is a great option:
This breakfast is loaded with nutrition, and takes less than 5 minutes to prep. Because it is raw, you have more enzymes when digested, giving you more energy output after eating. They are also high in healthy fats that help to balance your blood sugar. When adding ingredients like hemp seeds, it keeps your brain alert and your stomach satiated. Lastly, mint is very refreshing and a great herb to have in the AM for awakening.
Chef Jose Garces
After graduating from Kendall College’s School of Culinary Arts, Garces worked in top-rated professional kitchens from Spain to New York City before moving to Philadelphia in 2001. He has since emerged as one of the nation’s leading chefs; owning and operating over a dozen restaurants, a thriving event/catering division and non-profit organization as well as a 40-acre organic farm in Bucks County, PA. Chef Garces is also the author of two cookbooks, The Latin Road Home and Latin Evolution.
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup asparagus, cut into small rounds
- ½ cup broccoli florets, cut in pieces
- ½ cup soy chorizo, crumbled.
- ¼ cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 shallot diced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ cup arugula
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowls, beat the eggs. Set aside.
- In a 9-in non-stick pan, add the olive oil and soyrizo and cook on medium until the soyrizo is browned and slightly crispy.
- Add asparagus, shallots, broccoli, and mushrooms to pan and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Once it’s all been sweated and is cooked, remove from heat, distribute vegetables across bottom of pan in a single layer.
- Add the eggs. Top with crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until eggs rise.
- Remove from oven and top with sliced avocado and arugula. Drizzle with olive oil and serve!
Why the idle to kick start 2021:
“This is one of my favorite recipes to make for breakfast or brunch. It’s quick, filling and delicious, all while being healthy and packed with nutrients. It’s infinitely customizable; you can use any combination of vegetables. It’s a great way to use up veggies in your fridge.”
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.