You have an incredible Instagram following of 168K followers, tell us 5 tips on posting an Instagrammable picture?
My top 5 tips for instagrammable pictures would have to be as follows:
- Take your picture with good lighting. No one wants to look at a picture that hasn’t been taken well so I make sure I take most of my photos in direct sunlight so everything is well lit.
- Don’t over edit. So important! People want to see your reality. I keep my photos pretty raw so people can see what I really look like.
- Show your personality! So many people are scared to show who they really are for fear of judgment, but people want to see your true self! It is so inspiring.
- Be confident. No matter what our perceived flaws are, we are more amazing than we realize. Take no heed if you see cellulite, or body fat, or acne. Keep it real, you probably look incredible.
- Keep your captions honest. And keep to the point if you can! Some posts require more explanation, but just be sure to try and keep your words approachable and relatable.
For the first time in its history, Victoria’s Secret featured a size-14 woman in their campaign as part of their collaboration with the U.K. lingerie line. And none of this would’ve been possible without Bluebella finding its muse in you. Tell us more about how did this happen?
I was really shocked when I found out the lingerie shoot I did was for Victorias’s Secret! I had no idea when I was on the shoot itself because I clearly did not read my job description too well. I got a call after I did it that VS wanted me for a press day at their headquarters in New York and I truly was stunned. On the day it launched and I saw my photos blown up in their stores, I was moved to tears. I never thought I would see a woman my size on their walls and I just felt like this was everything I could have hoped for and more. I imagined girls like me when I was young seeing my body on the walls and hoped they were being shown to hate themselves less and that all bodies are beautiful.
On your podcast, you have interviewed a lot of women with inspiring stories. If you had to pick one, which one would be your favorite & why?
My favorite podcast episode was probably with Sah D’ Simone who is a friend of mine and a spiritual teacher. We talked about his trauma associated with being gay and how he overcame that. We also talked about how trauma can run through DNA and becomes generational trauma, which is something I have always been fascinated with because I am Jewish and I have often wondered how my recent ancestors experiences may be affecting my experiences. My second favorite podcast was with Nick Pope who was the head of the MI5 UFO research department. I am so into the alien phenomenon and I got to nerd out so hard in the podcast.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.