A day at the beach or afternoon at the pool calls for a little attention to style. Its important that you take out a few minutes to address the major areas to look hot & sexy.
- Pick the Perfect Swimsuit: Try as we might to get in shape before having to reveal our bodies to the world (or at least our neighbors at the local pool party), it seems there are always a few more pounds to lose, jiggly thighs to tighten, and arms to tone — not to mention a psyche in need of some serious bolstering to get us through swimsuit shopping. If you carry weight in your lower half or you’re “pear” shaped — look for a suit that is a solid color from the waist down, with a print, a bold color block, or a ruffle on the top, to draw the eye upward. Another key element is proportion. By balancing the top half of your body with the bottom half, you can give your figure a more proportioned look. If you are top-heavy find a bathing suit that draws attention to the hip area. If your body type is straight (lacking a defined waistline), find a suit that has a pattern at the bust and hip area with a solid at the middle — again drawing the eye to the areas you feel confident about. Choose a suit with a flattering neckline (“a low V, for example, is the most universally flattering) and upper body details including embellishments or interesting stitching to draw the eye up and down so you look visually longer.
- Toss on a cute cover-up: If you just can’t seem to bare it, go for a cute cover-up that shows off your fun personality and is still sheer enough to leave others guessing. Or, if you’re into something a little sporty – maybe a game of beach volleyball is on the day’s agenda – opt for a classic beach short. Whether they’re solid, striped or printed, these are a summer essential. People turn to cover-ups for a number of reasons: 1. You have finally learned that protecting yourself from the sun is not just something your mommy annoyed taught you; 2. Just because you are sipping a Sex on the Beach at the poolside bar doesn’t mean you want everyone staring at your string bikini and thinking of nothing but sex on the beach; and 3. You are planning to hide under a cover-up until the last possible moment before plunging into the sea, because even though everyone says you are gorgeous, you still hate your body. It can be a tantalizing sheer silk gazar blouse or a pair of highly amusing flares or a particularly jaunty yellow sunsuit.
- Just add accessories: Sunglasses are a classic, while straw brim hat will protect and serve well. Last but not least, sandals are the key to topping off any beach look. You can go beyond the rubber flip-flop and jump into some fashion. Beach accessories could include a large, brightly colored, tote bag, some “organic” jewelry in natural stones — particularly earrings.
- Be a beach beauty: To boost your beach body confidence, go for some super summertime grooming. From pedicures to manicures, leg waxing to faux tans, the little things can go a long way in polishing your image — and improving the way you look and feel in almost any swimsuit style. Make sure to have a back facial if you have a tendency to get blemishes on your back. To enhance the skin on the rest of the body, opt for all-over sugar scrub (a handful of brown sugar with any body lotion, then rub the mixture in a circular motion over your skin). This exfoliates dead skin cells, removing that dry, flaky, “winter” appearance, and gets your whole body glowing(which is sure to detract from any figure flaws). Just be certain to do any exfoliation or treatment at least 24 hours before or you could end up with inflamed skin.
- Fake the Tan: There are tanning creams, accelerators and beds available in the market to help you satisfy the need for a tan. Tanning creams contain di-hydroxy acetone (DHA) which chemically reacts with the top layer of the skin to produce the appearance of a natural golden tan. This is a safe and effective way to achieve a summertime glow. After applying these creams, will take a couple of hours for color change to take place and it will last several days until the top layer of skin is gradually sloughed off. These products are much better than the skin colorants of the past which tended to streak the skin and stain clothing. Many tanning creams contain sunscreens and tanning accelerators, as well. Achieving a dark sunless tan, or even a medium sunless tan, takes time and lots of practice. It requires proper application, and getting familiar with what works best with your skin — not a special product. The ideal product should give you the color you want in two or three coats. If you need more then that, consider a darker product.
Walk tall, pay attention to posture, and wear a smile. A happy, positive facial expression radiates inner beauty, and outshines everyone.