Body Polishing is a skin exfoliating beauty technique and one of the most luxurious and refreshing spa activities. Done by specialist , it involves a combination of elements – massages and body scrubs in a unique treatment to clean hard and dead skin cells and to reveal the soft, healthy, relaxed and revitalized skin.
Idle Body Polishing Occasions
- To remove uneven Tan or Sun damage as it works on enclosed parts of the body as well.
- Before special occasion, it is included in all the Bridal packages, as entire body needs to be equally radiant.
- In case you are planning for backless or cut out outfits, it’s better to ensure an even body tone.
- To remove acne or blemishes marks or dark spots of your back, you can try this skin lightening beauty treatment.
- To release your body stress, actually body polishing is an improvised version of massaging and thus can also be preferred
- The first step involves opening of Skin pores : Take a steam bath and if not then some other means will be used to give steam to your body. This will open up the clogged pores and prepares you skin for further process. by new moms in their post natal period to relax their body.
- Exfoliation: Lie down on a massage table facing down. Based on your skin type a suitable scrub will be rubbed gently on your back, back of your arms, legs and feet. Similarly other side of the body will be exfoliated.
- Shower Bath: Take a shower or use a hot, damp towel to wipe your body to remove scrub granules from your body. Put on the exfoliating gloves, add some of your favorite hydrating soap. Again, work your way from toes to fingers. Rinse and repeat. At the end of the shower, brush the pumice stone along your heels and softly along the ball of the feet to remove calluses and soften the soles.
- Oil Massage: The body is massaged with aromatic essential oil such as lavender oil or olive oil depending on the skin type. This will moisture and condition your body leaving it refreshed and relaxed.
Note: Body polishing leaves your skin energized and pampered however if you are suffering from fever or other skin related disease it is advisable to not to go for this treatment. If you have sunburn then do not consider this treatment until it is fully recovered.
Scrub vs. Skin Type
For oily skin
For Dry skin
For Normal skin
Olive oil is the most common essential oil that works best generally on every skin type