Social media has been instrumental in your growth. What is the best part about it?
There are so many huge opportunities with social media. I use my platform as an outlet in which I can use my voice to help others grow and become the best versions of themselves. I hope to serve as motivation and strength and seek to help educate people in my areas of expertise. The best part about social media is just how vast it is and the accessibility to anything and anyone you can imagine is all at your fingertips. It is a vast wealth of knowledge and insight and collaboration.
Biggest fitness/weight loss myth that needs to be busted?
The biggest fitness/weight loss myth that I’ve heard over and over from my clients is about spot reduction. So many people come to me thinking they can just grow their booty without growing their legs, take fat off their stomach but keep it on their boobs and butt etc. Unfortunately that is not how body fat works and there is no way to spot reduce. When you lose body fat, you lose it all over! Another one is the silly notion that you can out train your diet. Unfortunately your diet is the most important aspect of your weight loss journey. You can’t eat whatever you want and justify it by going to the gym. You will not lose the weight that way and you won’t make any progress.
Athleisure brands that you love?
I wear a lot of Lululemon and ALO! I love Obsession Shapewear leggings! I also have my own line of Athletic Leisure as well on my website! CaitlinRiceFit.com
Any advice you would like to give to your 19 year old self?
I would tell my 19-year-old self that it is ok to let others see you struggle. I’ve learned how important it is to be kind, stay vulnerable, and keep your heart open even if that means you get hurt sometimes. I think one’s journey to self discovery and emotional intelligence is the most important journey of all. Only then, can you REALLY start living. You have to allow yourself to feel everything and be present in every single moment. You start seeing things that you never could before.
I would tell my 19 year old self to stop spending time and emotions on people who are not willing to do the same. I would tell myself how special and valuable I am and to never doubt it for a second. I would encourage my 19-year-old self to read and work on myself every single day. I would tell myself to learn how to heal and work through my past hurts. I would tell myself that I am absolutely capable of anything I set my mind to and to hold steadfast to my dreams and be unrelenting in my pursuit of them.
Resolutions or goals for 2020?
2020 is going to be a huge year for me!! I have a bunch of exciting new projects that I’m about to launch – so stay tuned! Here are some of the resolutions I made before the New Year and posted to my Instagram. I am going STRONG with them still! I haven’t broken a single one!
- Set a movement goal that I have to hit every single day
- Cut down on drinking alcohol; drink only for special occasions. Take at least 4-5 straight months off completely to focus on fitness goals.
- Lose 20 pounds by May. Competition shape by July. (So excited to share this exciting journey with you!)
- Practice daily gratitude journaling
- Read non-fiction/self-help/personal growth book for 20 minutes daily
- Stay committed to a daily skin care routine/personal care
- Keep a tidier home by doing a full clean every Sunday.
- Spend time meeting new people and cultivating new friendships
- Learn a new hobby/skill
- Launch a podcast
- Keep a tighter reign on my personal finances and put away a good chunk every month to savings/investments.
- Spend time outside every single day
- Actively SEEK things out that make me uncomfortable and put me outside my comfort zone.
Message for your 1.3 million followers on Instagram?
BE KIND! Spread love and hope. Smile at strangers, compliment people, tell people how you feel and how much they mean to you. Be vulnerable and don’t be afraid to be yourself. Believe in yourself and your abilities and never forget that your super power is BEING YOU. No one else can be you. So take advantage of all the gifts and talents you have. Share them with the world! Don’t ever stop pursing growth and education, and remember – you can accomplish anything you set out to do if you work hard!
- Website: www.ramiroproductions.com/team/caitlin-rice
- Instagram: @caitlinricefit
- Agent: Ramiro Productions @ramiroprod
This interview is exclusively taken by Namita Nayyar President womenfitness.net and should not be reproduced, copied or hosted in part or full anywhere without an express permission.
All Written Content Copyright © 2020 Women Fitness