Cellulite is the result of poor skin structure, causing the fibre to split. This means fat and yes, possibly toxins squish out through the holes in the fibres creating that lumpy effect. In other words, your bottom is rather like and old mattress with the stuffing sticking out! Cellulaze is the latest procedure in handlingcellulite problem.
Cellulite affects the vast majority of women, usually after puberty. Many believe cellulite to be a fat problem that can be eliminated through diet and exercise. You can lessen the appearance of cellulite by losing weight, but you can’t get rid of it completely.
Cellulaze™, created by Cynosure, Inc., approved by the FDA, is a minimally invasive laser-based treatment against stubborn fat-dimple deposits. This procedure is to be performed by a qualified physician.
The procedure involves local anesthesia and two tiny incisions per thigh. For dimpling, the laser has to be sideways to break down the fibrous tissue but in case you need a lot of skin tightening the laser is directed under the skin to produce the skin tightening. After surgery you might have to wear a compression garment similar to Spanx for a week.
Cellulaze delivers best results for women who are not significantly overweight but have mild to moderate cellulite on their thighs. Please talk to your Cellulaze physician to get the best information cellulite laser treatments.
What you can expect during your procedure:
- Your physician will mark the areas of cellulite to be treated with a marker
- A couple of tiny incisions will be made, about the size of the tip of a pen
- Local anesthesia or numbing solution is used (you’ll be awake during the procedure)
- The Cellulaze laser fiber is threaded through a very small tube (or cannula) and inserted through the incision site
Your physician will use the SideLaze3D™ Cellulaze laser fiber to:
- Level out bumps of fat
- Treat dimples by releasing the fibrous bands that pull down on the skin
- Stimulate collagen production to increase your skin’s depth and elasticity for a smoother look
- The liquefied fat is gently pressed out
The entire procedure should take about 1–1.5 hours
What to expect after your procedure:
- You’ll have some bruising and discomfort, and small amounts of fluid may leak from the incision sites. Your physician may ask you to wear a compression garment
- You’ll be able to go back to your normal activities after a day or two and resume more strenuous exercise after one to two weeks
- The results from Cellulaze are not instant. You might look smoother right after the treatment, because of the swelling associated with it. You will begin to see improvement in the 2-3 months out from the laser procedure and usually this maxes out at about 6 months. Your results will continue to improve for the next three to twelve months
Clinical studies have shown one Cellulaze treatment can keep cellulite spots at bay for a year or more.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.