Chef Craig Schauffel is our guest chef this June, who shares his drool-worthy, not your regular, pasta recipes.
1. Organic Linguine with Mussels
PREP TIME: 15 min | COOK TIME: 25 min
TOTAL TIME: 40 min | YIELDS: 2 servings
|8 oz pkg||Three Bridges Organic Linguine|
|2 lb||mussels, debearded and scrubbed|
|1 cup||dry white wine|
|2 tbsp||garlic, chopped|
|1/2 tsp||black pepper|
|4 sprigs||fresh thyme|
|4 tbsp||leek, julienned|
|4 tbsp||carrot, julienned|
|1 tbsp||fresh parsley, chopped|
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Drain, cover and keep warm.
- Combine the mussels, wine, garlic, pepper, thyme, bay leaves, leek and carrot in a large, deep sauté pan. Cover the pan and bring to a boil. Steam until the mussel open.
- Reduce the cooking liquid by half, stir in the butter and add the linguine and gently toss together.
- Serve in large soup plates, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with French bread. Enjoy!