Gluten-Free Cranberry Bread
Total time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 2 cups flour Bob’s Red Mill paleo flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons SunButter Sunflower Butter
- 1 tablespoon buttery coconut oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 Teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped (you can also use frozen berries)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter until the mixture until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- In a separate bowl, combine orange juice, orange rind, lemon juice, lemon rind, Sunbutter, and egg.
- Pour into dry ingredients, mixing just enough to dampen.
- Fold in the nuts & cranberries.
- Spoon into a lightly oiled 9′′ loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 mins. A knife or toothpick should come out of the center cleanly.
- 1 lb Wild Pastures Grass-Fed Beef
- 1-1/2 cups (2.5 oz.) shiitake or baby portobello mushrooms shredded
- 2 carrots peeled and shredded
- 1 small yellow onion peeled and shredded
- 3 tsp. garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Organic Green Lentil Lasagna
- 1 bag of Vegan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 jar (32 oz.) Carbone Homemade Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2.. In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add avocado oil. Add the beef and cook until lightly
brown. Add the cauliflower, mushrooms, carrots, onion, garlic, and salt, until moisture has evaporated and the vegetables are cooked for about 7 minutes, and then turn to a simmer.
- On the bottom of the baking tray, place 8 tablespoons of sauce. Lay lasagna sheets over sauce in a single layer; top with 5 tablespoons of sauce so noodles are completely covered in a layer of sauce. Sprinkle on
the meat. Next, add about 1/2 cup of cheese and some cherry tomatoes. Repeat the step to create the second layer.
- For the third layer, include only sauce, cheese, and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle fresh basil over top.
Bake for 35 minutes, until lasagna is cooked through.
Baked Cod with Chickpea Spaghetti
(Gluten-free, Dairy free)
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti
- 4 pieces of wild cod
- 1/2 teaspoon sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Lemons
- 2 tablespoons Nutiva Buttery oil (or use butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (I use a vegan one)
- 1 cup cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small Yellow onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tablespoons Capers
- Fresh parsley to serve
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cook the pasta as per box instructions but for 8 minutes so it’s more el dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, dry and season the cod with salt and pepper. Squeeze one of the lemons juice over the top.
- Arrange the noodles in the baking dish. Add the buttery coconut oil over the pasta and parmesan cheese and mix well to combine.
- Place the cod around the noodles. Cut the other lemon into slices and place that over the top of the cod.
- Saute the tomatoes for 5 minutes in olive oil with the spinach, onion, garlic, and capers. Add to the baking dish with the cod.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cod is cooked through.
- Serve with fresh parsley.
Tip: You know the cod is done when it flakes easily with a fork at the thickest part. You can also use a thermometer to check the temperature of the fish when it reaches 145 degrees F it’s done.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.