Elisa Di Francisca is an Italian foil fencer. She won the individual gold medal in the Senior World Championships in 2010 and at the 2012 Summer Olympics in July 2012. Di Francisca won the silver medal in the foil team event at the 2006 World Fencing Championships. She accomplished this with her team mates Margherita Granbassi, Giovanna Trillini and Valentina Vezzali. She also won the silver medal in the individual foil event at the 2006 European Seniors Fencing Championship and the bronze medal at the 2010 European Fencing Championships. In July 2012 she won the gold medal in the individual foil event in the 2012 London Olympics and then followed it up with a gold in the team foil event, with her fellow silver and bronze medalists from the individual event.
Elisa Di Francisca Achievements As A Fencer
- 1st World Championships 2014 Senior Women’s Foil Team
- 1st World Championships 2013 Senior Women’s Foil Team
- 2nd World Championships 2011 Senior Women`s Foil
- 2nd World Championships 2011 Senior Women’s Foil Team
- 1st World Championships 2010 Senior Women`s Foil
- 1st World Championships 2010 Senior Women’s Foil Team
- 1st World Championships 2009 Senior Women’s Foil Team
- 1st World Championships 2004 Senior Women’s Foil Team
- Gold Medal in the individual foil event in the 2012 London Olympics
- Gold Medal in the team foil event in the 2012 London Olympics
- Silver Medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics
Elisa Di Francisca is double Olympic Gold Medalist and won World Championship a number of times in fencing. She has also won a number of World Cups in Fencing and European Championships. She is in conversation with Namita Nayyar, President Women Fitness.
Ms. Namita Nayyar: Tell us about your journey that took you from your early interest in fencing to the pinnacle of success when you won Gold in the London Olympics in 2012?
Ms. Elisa Di Francisca: I began my sports career when I was 7 years old with a little experience in dance. After the first successes in adolescence I had a little crisis around 18 years when I decided to drop everything because of a wrong love. Then I took a break and my first major success was the World Championship title in Paris 2010. Finally winning the 2012 London Olympics with two golds: individual and team.
All content on this site is copyright of Women Fitness and no part of any article found on this site may be reproduced without an express permission and highlighted, do follow link crediting http://www.womenfitness.net/ or preferably the original page as the source. This interview is exclusive and taken by Namita Nayyar President womenfitness.net and should not be reproduced, copied or hosted in part or full anywhere without an express permission.
All Written Content Copyright © 2016 Women Fitness