How do you train your abs? One secret to your toned body.
Ab training is just like all other training for me and I work the muscle group from many different angles on a regular basis. However the secret to good abs is not just exercise it is a good diet. You can’t have abs with a bad diet and keeping balance and not over eating is key to having abs year round.
I always promote a healthy balance of everything, but when competing or preparing for photo shoots I try to keep to a diet of non-processed foods and will maintain a higher protein and fat diet.
Do you take some special diet or have a strict menu that you follow to remain healthy and physically fit?
I try not to have anything special or strict. I like to keep a healthy lifestyle and make room for healthy cheat meals here and there. When you start to deprive yourself of something then that is what you want, so for me balance and eating clean is the key.
Five foods you absolutely love and five you keep it to a minimum.
I love burgers, pizza, chocolate, ice-cream and Doritos with Tapatio, but have to keep them to a minimum even though I would eat them every day. They become some of my cheats when I want to indulge.
When I do eat I usually try to build meals around healthy items I love like sweet potato (which I even wrote a blog about), asparagus, organic chicken and fish.
You have glowing skin and gorgeous hair. Share with us your hair care and skin care routine.
I supplement collagen and biotin is mandatory in my hair care products always. I use coconut oil on my hair as helps it keep its luster and shine. I don’t like to use dies or bleach on my hair; I just keep it natural and let it grow. The less I do the better and too much heat and chemicals are never good. I try to mix up my hairstyles and keep my routine very simple. Sometimes the best ways are the simple ways.
Skin care is very much the same. I try to keep make up to a minimum and many days don’t even wear any make up. I make my own facials and believe you need to take care of your skin. In my blogs I have my skincare routine for people to read about. I share all of my secrets and how I make my facial cleansers naturally. I try to keep my face clean and add natural creams to keep my skin moisturized. My skin care routine is all of my skin and coconut oil is something I use regularly as a moisturizer because of its many benefits.
Five skin care myths.
Well I would say there is no such thing as beauty in a bottle lol. The body is wonderfully made and has the means to repair itself so I think the more you feel you need to do the more you deceive yourself. A healthy diet works wonders for the skin. So here would be my 5 myths:
- Diet isn’t important – don’t underestimate the importance of a healthy diet and your skin. Staying hydrated and drinking water is critical to nice skin.
- Sleep doesn’t affect your skin – sleep and beauty rest is a critical part of skin care.
- The more creams you use the better – I actually think less is more. I think keeping it simple is best and using natural ingredients that are found in your skin are better than any chemicals.
- Skin care is the same for everyone – I think everyone needs to find what works for them and there is not one program everyone should do.
- Using higher sunscreen protection is best. – There are too many harsh chemicals in sunscreens and I think they cause more issues than they resolve. So staying out of the sun would be better in my opinion or keeping it to a minimal amount of sun avoiding the most intense times.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.