To complement your fitness routine, what does your diet comprise of in a day?
My diet is super important to me, especially when my season is in full swing. I demand a lot of out of my body and really need to take care of it by what I put into it. I am a big fan of whole foods: i.e., meat, veggies, fruit, nuts. If I can’t pronounce it, I don’t eat it. If it is a chemical, I don’t eat it. If it does not help me, I don’t eat it. My macros each day consist of roughly 130 grams of protein, 50 grams of carbs, and 80-90 grams of fat. Including lots of Tumeric, Ginger, and Kill Cliff for recovery and prevention of my body getting tired or sick.
5 Favorite exercises that are a must for building a strong upper body, define a workout routine. Any specific exercises for women over 40?
1) I think pull-ups are the most important exercise to be able to do. Just for the sake of saving your own life. If you have the grip and the strength to pull yourself up, you might be able to pull yourself out of a lot of bad scenarios.
2) I love Kettle Bells Swings. They are a great all around movement and heavy breather. Great for the upper body, and booty!! (Who can say no to that)?
3) Single arm movements are great as well. Like….. 1 arm presses with a dumbbell or kettle bell. It isolates each side and doesn’t let you get away with relying on the other side to help out. These are also great for the abs!
4) Handstands. Getting upside down is great for you, and being able to support yourself in such a way is a great strength to have. There are many ways to scale, or build up to this movement.
5) Chopping wood – I just had to throw that in there, because its what I do, and its what I love. Plus you get to keep yourself and your family warm in the winter!! All of these movements are great for anybody of any age. You just need to know how to scale them if needed, and progress with them. Interval training is my favorite.
So, you could take all of these movements – Start with 20 seconds of Pull-ups, 10 seconds of rest x 8 Rounds, then continue in the same fashion with the others movements.
How would you define Women Fitness?
I’m not sure I would – Fitness is Fitness. Its good for you, and it helps you lead a better life. So whatever you are doing, as long as it makes you happier and healthier, keep doing it!!