This season’s biggest hair and makeup trends are all about simple details that will really make you shine.
- Glowing Skin: Give your skin a glow via a mix of Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer and Copacabana liquid Illuminator. At J. Mendel, makeup artists applied Revlon Skinlights in Bronze to the cheeks, bridge of nose, and forehead with a wet sponge.
- Neon Orange Lips: Orange tones make loud mouths cool this season. The easiest way to wear bright lip colour is with a chunky glide-on pencil. Makeup artist Gucci Westman was seen using neon orange lips to set off the muted white, cream, and pastel clothes. “We needed a pop of color, but orange is cooler and more gritty than red,” she said. Try Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Electric Orange. Keep the rest of your makeup uncomplicated — framing your face with bold brows, gilded eyelids and mascara.
- Winged Eyeliner: This season liner has gone graphic with straight flicks and angular shapes. This makes the retro obsession instantly more modern, but still super-sexy. Frame your face with bold brows, gilded eyelids and mascara. Choose from L’Oreal Paris Gel Matic Super Liner in Black, Estee Lauder Pure Color Intense Kajal Eyeliner in Blackened Black, Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner in True Black. Makeup artist Mally Roncal suggests, thin cotton swab dipped in makeup remover is the key to getting a clean line.
- Blue Eye Shadow: This season Marc by Marc Jacobs, models wore a stunning statement lid in rich, solid blue from lash line to crease. The color was created with Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Ice, patted onto lids, creating a crescent shape just above creases and topped with a layer of Curacao (from the Shiseido Eye Color Bar Compact). At Badgley Mischka, powdery blue shades were layered to create a disco-like look.
- Gold Shadow & Highlighter: Use gold shadow on lids as a base for dark liner, like Pat McGrath did at Dolce & Gabbana (try Dolce & Gabbana The Eyeshadow Smooth Eye Colour Duo in Gold); load up on loose glitter flecks, as seen at Jason Wu; or use a shimmery highlighter (such as CoverGirl Tru Magic The Luminizer Skin Perfector) to draw light to the inner corners and cheekbones.
- Berry Cheeks: Give your face the freshness by using a cream or a powder blush; by dotting it on just the center of the cheeks, blending out to make the apples glow. Try Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine.
- Metallic Nails: DO accentuate your sun-kissed complexion with a shiny and shimmering manicure. Besides, aren’t you bored with the usual pastel nail polishes?
Hair Trend For Summer
Banish bad hair days by mastering the fashion ponytail for SS17. Super slick and secured low at the nape of the neck, finish with a spritz of high gloss hairspray for a chic look. For a softer look, gently move the pony from left to right before securing at the nape, it’ll loosen up. Or, take the plunge and snip your strands into this medium-length haircut. The not-too-short and not-too-long hairstyle works for every face shape, and your styling possibilities are limitless.
There is good news for lazy girls; spring’s biggest trend is laid-back, fuss-free mermaid waves. You can create easy-peasy texture by plaiting damp hair before bed. Invest in regular intensive treatment masks. Give hair a health kick and shine boost with Catwalk by TIGI Oatmeal & Honey Nourishing Shampoo, Ł18.61, Conditioner, Ł18.99 and Deep Nourishing Mask, Ł14.95.
Short Cuts are in this summer, Forget long, flowing locks for SS17; try a side-swept long pixie cut, a punk-inspired undercut or a barely-there close crop.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.