Before you go on to read – decide that curly hair is not a curse. Curls are sexy and romantic, and men love them. They are bouncy, voluminous and can be pulled into any hairstyle imaginable. Once you have your curls looking their best, you’ll be amazed at all the compliments you’ll get. They denote fun, creativity and openness.
Cleaning Curly Hair
To begin with, throw away your shampoo. Shampoo is detergent, and your hair does NOT need detergent. You will have perfectly clean hair using just conditioner and water. This is one of the most important steps you can take. It might sound weird, but try it. Once a week, cleanse your hair with just conditioner. Select a conditioner high in humectants like Panthenol, vegetable glycerine, and sorbitol. First put some conditioner on your fingertips and massage your scalp to loosen dirt. Next rinse thoroughly. Next, rub a quarter-size blob of conditioner between your hands and smooth it over the outer layer of your hair. Then work another quarter-size amount to the under layer of hair at the nape of the neck (where it’s prone to knots). Be gentle. Use your fingers to comb through your hair from underneath. Now, spread another quarter-size amount of conditioner through the hair on each side of your head, using your fingers as a comb. What you’re doing is distributing conditioner evenly through your curls so that they separate instead fusing together. Your hair should feel clean, smooth and silky.
|Girls with curly hair and oval faces must have a short haircut. The short haircut will make them look decent and elegant.|
- The Curly Ponytail: Pull the curls up into a high center ponytail. It’s simple, chic and fast. For a pouf gently tug some hair out in the front after you make the tail. For a more polished curly ponytail, rub a bit of pomade between your palms to smooth the sides of your hair—then pull it up tight.
- Half Up half Down: Just grab the top half of your hair and pull it back as you smooth it with your hands. Secure it with a barrette or an elastic that matches your hair color.
- Over the Shoulder Curls: Pull one side of your curls over to the opposite shoulder. So pretty.
- The Wavy Faux Bob: To get this look, make a low, loose ponytail and tie it with an elastic. Roll your hair under, secure with pins, then gently tug the hair to create the “bob” shape.
- High Bun: To create this style, gather all your hair into a high bun, and bobby pin away.
Make sure you use plenty of hair gel or shine serum to tame any frizz on top.