By Charlene Bazarian and Trisha Pallotta
Whether you are a weekend warrior or a full-time fitness enthusiast, you should not have to sacrifice style while living your fit lifestyle.
“Athleisure wear” has taken its rightful place as the new contemporary wardrobe of choice for women on the move, and the fashion industry has taken notice by providing clothing that provides comfort, stretch and style.
Looking to personalize your look with the perfect handbag that can be both high on functionality and fashion forward for 2020? We have compiled a list of the best and most versatile handbags from fast fashion to straight off the runway! For the woman who covets sustainable luxury designer labels, but without the hefty price tag, we also included several pre-owned options available on LePrix.com.
1. Vince Camuto Orla Tote Retail $128.00 This oversize tote made a huge splash on spring runways and the Orla Tote is a cool way to rick the popular artisanal-vibe trend. A durable canvas is available in a variety of statement making prints and is detailed with a twisted rope fob. Rolled handles allow you to comfortably carry your tote in hand or on the shoulder and roomy enough for your essentials!
2. Ava Carrington Stockholm Crossbody Retail $485.00 This luxury, vegan fashion line of stylish and cruelty free handbags that are produced in a manner that is not only better for animals, but for the environment, yet crafted and designed without sacrificing style and durability. The linings of the Ava Carrington bags are created from recycled plastic bottles in a result that creates an incredibly soft lining. This bag is lightweight, scratch, stain, and water resistant, but boasts 24K hardware trim!
3. Athleta Oslo Convertible Crossbody Bag Retail $48.00 This versatile and affordable option comes in three colors and includes two straps: one for a cross body strep and a thicker waist option. The Oslo bag is the perfect hands-free option for the active woman on the go. It is lightweight and perfect for commuting, travel or work!
4. Hollis Leather Maker Hip Bag Retail $105.00 Hands free, bohemian style, raw cut and earthy, this hand crafted and versatile bag which can be worn as a cross body or hip bag. The Maker Hip Bag features oversized stitch detail and is available in four shades.
5. Quilted Koala Luxe North South Dark Blue Camo with Silver Glitter Double Stripe & Black/Silver Stripe Strap As shown $294 ($254 plus $40 for the upgraded luxe strap) A go-to bag for work, gym and everywhere in between. Two deep pockets help with organization and perfect for storing your water bottle and other must haves. Canvas with metal feet and vegan leather handles with a snap closure. Available with a solid black adjustable crossbody strap or upgrade with a luxe strap option.
6. VeeCollective Medium Tote Ultra Marine Retail $191.00 A beautifully saturated blue, sporty by design, sturdy, comfortable and water repellent tote. Perfect for carrying all your must haves!
7. Louis Vuitton Neverfull Tote (Retail $1500.00-Leprix $1004.00) A classic choice that truly is, “never full!” This stylish staple can easily hold your laptop or tablet, water bottle, makeup and more. The Neverfull comes in three styles, including some newer, trendier options.
8. Prada Marsupio Belt Bag (Retail $1250.00-Leprix $795.00) This latest re-edition has seen a surge in popularity. This Prada waist bag is made of nylon and can be worn around the waist or as a crossbody. A perfect hands-free option without sacrificing style.
9. Givenchy Urban Backpack (Retail $1000.00-Leprix $970.00) Who says you can’t take it with you? This black, nylon Givenchy backpack with leather trim and aged silver tone hardware lets you come prepared for anything with plenty of room for your essentials. Hands-free style and several compartments with zippered enclosures.
10. Gucci Logo Drawstring Backpack (Retail $1000.00-Leprix $780.00) This Gucci drawstring bag makes a bold statement that is pure style! Large enough to toss in your tablet, water bottle, towel and makeup bag. This bag can take you from office to gym or around the city for the day!
11. Chanel Bicolor Sports Duffle Bag (Leprix $999.00 vintage) This popular vintage option exudes athleisure chic and really is the bag to hold it all! Despite being a vintage option, this Chanel Duffle has seen a surge in popularity this year.
12. Hermès Evelyne Crossbody Gen Li Clemence Retail $3000.00-LePrix Price: $2010.00) This incredible and durable bag is considered by many to be the gateway into Hermès bags. The Evelyne is a stylish crossbody option where style marries utility.
13. Fendi Hobo Zucca (Retail $1195-Leprix $835.00) From baguettes to totes, the classic Fendi Zucca print is on the fashion forward woman’s wish list. Practical and stylish shoulder bag option to take you virtually anywhere you want to go while bringing all your essentials with you!
Handbags are as personal to a woman as her shade of lipstick. Today’s woman needs a bag that can pull double duty that can keep up with her busy lifestyle. Enjoy all the comfort and flexibility of your yoga pants and ath-leisure wear, but never worry about sacrificing style, it’s in the bag!
About the authors:
- Charlene Bazarian is a health and lifestyle writer as well as a fitness and weight loss success story after losing 96 pounds. She mixes her no-nonsense style of fitness advice with humor on her blog at Fbjfit.com , Facebook at FBJ Fit and @FBJFit on Instagram.
- Trisha Pallotta is the owner of Mademoiselle Luxury Consignment and is on Instagram @mademoiselleluxconsignment.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.