There’s no one correct way to apply blusher. The method you use depends on the type of look you want to create.
For a natural healthy glow
- Apply foundation (and if necessary powder) as normal. Smile – where your cheek is naturally at its fattest is where blusher needs to go to create a natural look.
- Apply blusher in a small circle, blending well. For the best results, try gel blusher. Powder over the top.
For sexy cheekbones
- Using powder blusher, sweep colour in an arc following the line of your cheekbone up from the apple of your cheek to your hairline. Keep colour light and blended – you want a wash rather than a stripe of colour.
- Add a little shimmer on the highest point of your cheekbone nearest your eye.
Easy Blusher Tips
It’s important to keep your brushes clean, otherwise, they’ll gather bacteria and transfer it onto your skin. This will inevitably cause spots and blackheads.
An effective and quick way to clean your blusher brush is to use baby wipes. These will also clean any other make-up brushes you may have.
For a sun-kissed sheen
- Using a blusher brush containing only a hint of bronze or pinky-brown powder, sweep colour along your cheekbone and then up round your hairline across your forehead. Again be careful that it doesn’t look like a stripe, just a brush of colour. Repeat on the other side so the colour joins.
- If you have gone too heavy with the bronzer, wipe the blusher brush clean and then use
- Daily Hair Care
- it to blend. This will soften the colour. Another trick which will help reduce the colour further, should you feel you need it, is adding a little translucent powder over the top. Be careful not to build up too much powder though, as this will just make your skin look caked with make-up.