Having traveled the world and been able to see some breath-taking and exotic locations, share with us your Top 5 Destinations in the World.
- My top destination still has be to my hometown, Cape Town. From beautiful beaches, to mountains, to winelands, lively nightlife, Cape Town truly has everything.
- Borneo. I filmed two episodes in Borneo and absolutely fell in love! It has magnificent beaches and such interesting wildlife (like orangutans)
- Amsterdam. It’s definitely one of my favourite cities in Europe and I always have so much fun when I visit. Plus, the people are so friendly!
- The Seychelles. If you’re looking for a place to relax and unwind, Seychelles is the place to do it! The water is so calm and crystal clear and the diving is amazing.
- Sri Lanka. Parts of it are still so undiscovered and it’s a lot less touristy than similar destinations and if you’re looking for a holiday that has a bit of everything, then head to Sri Lanka. Quiet, beautiful beaches, breath-taking hikes and incredible scenery as well as a lot of culture.
Tell us about the Top 5 Places that are still on your bucket-list and why do you wish to visit them?
There are still so many places I want to visit. I filmed most of world spas in Asia, travelled a lot of Europe and live in Africa – but I’m yet to visit North and South America so those continents are next on my list.
Besides that, I’d love to:
- Go on a sea safari by dhow in Mozambique’s Quirimbas archipelago
- Go trekking around the Annapurna Circuit in Nepal
- Visit the beaches of Boracay, Philippines
- Experience the Rio Carnival in Brazil
- Take the Trans-Siberian Express through Russia
What according to you are the best ways to relax and de-stress after a long day at work?
I enjoy sitting back and watching a good sitcom. If I want to de-stress I usually watch something funny, that makes me laugh, like Modern Family.
Advice and motivational words to the inspiring and budding presenters who all are your fans, they shall like to know from you, what they should do for their climb to ladder of success in this field?
Learn to market yourself and network, and don’t give up! You also need to decide if this is something you really want, because the life of a travel presenter often looks a lot more glamorous than it actually is.
When you’re first starting out, take any presenting job you can get so you can start building up your show reel and slowly you’ll start getting better and better jobs.
Having a journalism degree is also very helpful, so look into studying if you want to make presenting a full time job.
What do you wish to say about the website Womenfitness.net and message for its visitors?
I think Womenfitness.net is a fantastic platform for women to share their experiences and help inspire others. The women featured on the website are from so many different fields and have so many talents and Womenfitness.net allows its readers to get up close and personal with these celebrities. Keep up the good work!
Follow Jamie’s journey on:
All content on this site is copyright of Women Fitness and no part of any article found on this site may be reproduced without an express permission and highlighted, do follow link crediting http:// www.womenfitness.net/ or preferably the original page as the source. This interview is exclusive and taken by Namita Nayyar President womenfitness.net and should not be reproduced, copied or hosted in part or full anywhere without an express permission.
All Written Content Copyright © 2018 Women Fitness