What kind of feedback do you receive on social media? Share an experience that left you spell-bound?
Jenny Fisher :
I have the best interactions with my friends on social media. I have women, constantly reach out that tell me stories of cancer, death, divorce, job loss, weight gain, etc, etc, etc. These stories stop me in my tracks, and these take me a minute to respond because of the humility that I’m slapped by…who am I for this beautiful soul to trust me with this information and ask for my support or inspiration. I’m thankful that I’ve created this safe space, and I take it extremely seriously to honor these individuals and treat their stories uniquely and with total respect.
The interactions that have been the biggest mindblowers are when women that I went to high-school or middle school with reach out and let me know how much of a positive impact I am having on them today. When I look back at my teenage years, I see an insecure, big-mouthed, egotistical, small-minded young girl that made a lot of errors in her inter-personal relationships. To have the validation that these women are viewing me as a person that has grown past that and evolved into someone that is worth following, and even further, taking the time to encourage and support my message is numbing. I’m actually in tears as I type this just thinking about it.
5 healthy recipes you & your family absolutely enjoy.
Jenny Fisher :
- Sliced Roasted Brussels Sprouts topped with parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Roasted Carrots or Butternut Squash topped with maple syrup and Dijon mustard.
- Roasted Beets in vinegar/honey topped with goat cheese and pecans served on a bed of arugula and sliced pears.
- Buddha Bowl: farro or brown rice topped with any roasted veggies, greens, beans, and a great vinegar-based dressing of your choice!
- Baked Chicken Breast glazed with hoisin/ponzu/ginger sauce, on a bed of stir-fried veggies (carrots, asparagus, corn, mushrooms, onions, etc.) and brown rice.
Favorite quote you live by, or piece of advice?
Jenny Fisher :
“Give it to God.” If you try to carry your burdens all by yourself, you will be buried by the stress of life. Give your worries to the One that can handle it and concentrate on taking actions necessary to move on.
Follow Jenny Fisher on
- Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/fitfishmom/
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/fitfishmom
- Website : https://www.fitfishmom.com/
This interview is exclusive and taken by Namita Nayyar President womenfitness.net and should not be reproduced, copied or hosted in part or full anywhere without an express permission.
All Written Content Copyright © 2021 Women Fitness
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.