Ice creams are anytime favorite, especially when they are packed with nourishment and low-calories.
Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
- 60g (⅔ cup) Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
- 63g (3 tbs) Raw Honey (Pure Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar work too)
- 6oz Dark Chocolate, melted ( 70% cacao)
- In a blender, add the almond milk, protein powder, and liquid sweetener. Blend until completely smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate and blend again. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and place in the freezer for ~4 hours, or until it’s firm enough to scoop.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pistachio Banana Ice Cream
- 2-3 overripe, frozen bananas or fruit of your choice
- optional milk of choice, if needed
- 2-3 tbsp pistachio butter
- 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract.
- pinch salt
- Start with bananas that are turning brown. Peel and cut into large pieces, then freeze in an airtight bag or container. (You can freeze a whole bunch at once so they’re ready whenever you want to make banana ice cream.)
- To make the ice cream, throw around 2-3 frozen bananas, into a blender or food processor—adding a pinch of salt and 2-4 tbsp milk of choice, pistachio butter & vanilla extract for smoother blending —and blend until you achieve a soft-serve texture.
- You can serve immediately, or transfer to a container and freeze an additional 30 minutes, then scoop out with an ice cream scoop. Sprinkle crushed pistachios on top if desired.
- 10 oz frozen fruit (Mango)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (or 13 oz milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice, or pinch uncut stevia
Blend all ingredients until completely smooth. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze. I add popsicle sticks (available at a craft store) about 1/2 hour after freezing so the sticks stay upright. To easily remove popsicles when ready to eat, run the popsicle mold under warm water for a few seconds, then gently twist off.
Green Tea Ice Cream
- 4 cups Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons Epic Matcha green tea powder
- Place yogurt into a large bowl.
- Add sugar and Epic Matcha green tea powder.
- Stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
- If you have an ice-cream maker: Freeze the frozen yogurt mixture in the ice-cream maker according to the instructions provided with the machine.Transfer to the freezer and chill until frozen yogurt becomes firm.
- If you do not have an ice-cream maker: Transfer the yogurt mixture into a freezer-safe mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for about 2 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer and mix on medium-high speed until soft. Freeze again. Beat with the mixer. You will notice the texture improving. Repeat steps 4 and 5 once again.
Blueberry Protein Fluff
- 200g (1½ cups) Frozen Blueberries
- ½ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla Creme-Flavored Stevia Extract
- 30g (⅓ cup) Unflavored Casein Protein Powder
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum
- In a food processor, add the frozen blueberries, almond milk, and stevia extract. Puree until almost completely smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the protein powder and xanthan gum. Dump this into the processor and blend again. After about 10 seconds, scrape down the sides of the processor to catch any powder that flung up, then blend again.
- Blend for ~1 full minute, or until the mixture doubles in volume and turns a nice blue/purple color. Serve immediately.
Watch the serving & enjoy the nourishment.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.