Watch out for makeup trends seen on the runway for Fall Winter 2015-2016. Some of them are what we’ve already seen in the past, while others were variations and some were refreshingly new.
- Lips go Red Hot: This season, pay homage to the beauty icons of the ’90s with shades of burnt sienna, brick red, vampy violet and more. Try out Brick red Nars Semi Matte Lipstick in VIP, Ripe Berry Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge in Rose Couture, fine wine L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Collection Exclusive Reds in Zoë’s Red etc.
- Flushed Cheeks: This season makeup artists attending the fashion week had targeted flushed cheeks look from the winter cold. At J.Crew they wanted the models to look like they just stepped off the slopes, looking like a girl on a brisk wintry walk.
- Let your Eyes go Bronze: This season many makeup artists opt for bronze rather than classic gold or silver. The color really warms up the face and works paired with the earlier mentioned ’90s lip color or something more natural.
- Add a Graphic Line to your Eyes: Tweak the classic cat eye by opting for a more straight across swipe of black kohl like we saw at Oscar de la Renta. This is a more modern way to wear liner that elongates and lifts the eye and adds intrigue to the face.
- Smoky Eyes: This season at Diane von Furstenberg makeup artist Pat McGrath created a diffused look using just black and brown liner that she called a “smoky eye girls would do at home.” Or let’s call it smudgy eyes. Do not forget to pair it with barely there blush and just a hint of clear lipgloss.
- No Makeup Makeup: The barely there makeup trend is not going away. But I like it, because it looks flawless, yet natural. And this season, the brows are well-defined, the skin is glowing and the lips are clear-glossy. So, I guess we could say it’s an overall happy glowy look. Great for day-time and for pairing with casual outfits. Even for evenings when you want a light, barely-there look.
- Lash up: The power of mascara, falsies and lash can be add up with, silver sparkles on the tips oflashes to give a water droplet effect. Add layers of lengthening and volumes mascara on the top and bottom for the prettiest lashes of the season.
Add more colour to yourself and have fun.