Social media has become a huge platform to connect with like-minded people across the globe. How has it helped you in building boost?
Social media is a great tool when it comes to getting people to discover new things or keep up with their interests. I use it to promote what I do and what the life of a professional water skier looks like. I try to stay true to who I am and for my posts to represent as accurately as possible my lifestyle and activities. My aim is for water ski and sports fans to know me better. I also hope it brings them a bit of inspiration and motivation!
Resolutions or goals for 2020? Motivational quote you live by?
2019 was a big year for me with winning the World Championships as well as the European Championships and the French Nationals.
For 2020, I will be working on pushing my limits further again. I have some technical goals I will be working on to try and have as good of a season I can have on our pro tour. It has been a few years now that I commit to competing in all of the professional tournaments organized in the world. In 2019 I couldn’t do so because of a back injury that kept me from entering a few events. I definitely plan on a healthier 2020 to be able to enter all of our pro events!
What are the three things about water skiing that thrill you the most and the three things that scare you?
What thrills me the most about skiing:
- The speed & acceleration through the course.
- Finding precision in movements while having to use a lot of strength
- The rhythm we go through between the moments when we are in full load against the boat (in my case, it goes up to pulling what is worth 310 kg) and the moments where we are light, gliding on the water approaching the buoys and gradually carving back to a full load again.
What scares me the most about skiing:
- Equipment failure such as binding releasing through the wakes when I am in full load.
- Bad water conditions such as unexpected waves on the lake which can lead to very dangerous falls with the speed.
- Not being able to ski again because of injuries.
Follow her journey here:
This interview is exclusively taken by Namita Nayyar President womenfitness.net and should not be reproduced, copied or hosted in part or full anywhere without an express permission.
All Written Content Copyright © 2019 Women Fitness