Our body’s immune system comes into play when it comes down to sun damaged skin. Just like our body needs nutrients, sleep, and stress relief to maintain a strong immune system, the skin requires the same tools to keep up with repair and protect itself from other damaging elements.
The more sun damaged it is, however, the less able the immune system is able to keep up. In fact, the skin’s ability to self-repair can decline by more than 50 percent by middle age.
5 Amazing Masks For Sun Damaged Skin Treatment
- Half a bundle of fresh parsley
- 1 table spoon of Greek yogurt
- 1 slice of lemon
- Add fresh parsley in blender and slice it into small pieces. After that, add yogurt and freshly squeezed lemon juice of 1 slice of lemon on parsley. Mix all the ingredients.
- Apply this mask on your face by massaging with circular motions. Keep the mask for 45 minutes. Wash your face with warm water. You can apply this mask 3 times per week to reduce your sun spots.
Lemon Cream Mask
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
- Apply and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse with tepid water followed by a cool (not cold) rinse. This mask can be done twice a week. This mask heals, exfoliates, brightens and moisturizes skin.
- It refines pores, fades acne marks and prevents blemishes from coming up,
- 1 egg white
- ½ table spoon of Greek yogurt
- 3 drops of lemon juice
- Beat the white of an egg to obtain bubble like mixture. Add yogurt to egg white and combine these ingredients. Squeeze lemon juice and mix all the ingredients. Apply this mask on your sun spot.
- Keep this mask on your face until it is dry. When the mask is dry, clean it with moist cotton. You can apply this mask once or twice a week.
Onion and Vinegar Mask
- 1 medium sized onion
- ½ cup of vinegar
- Grate the onion and squeeze the water. Add half a cup of vinegar on onion. Mix these ingredients. Apply this mixture on your sun spots with a cotton pad. Keep this mask on your face for 30 minutes.
- Wash your skin with warm water.
Fruity Brightening Mask
This mask is a good one if you have sensitive or inflamed and sun damaged skin. It is gentle, but the natural Alpha Hydroxy Acids in the fruits will gently brighten your skin.
- 4 organic strawberries
- 4 cubes fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup of green tea, cooled (made by steeping a green tea bag in boiled water for 5 minutes)
- 1 tsp tapioca starch (to thicken)
- Blend strawberries, pineapple, and tea in a blender.
- Mix the tapioca starch with 3 tsp of warm water, add to blender and blend for a further 10 seconds.
- Pour mask into a small bowl.
- Apply to your face, neck and chest. Leave for 30 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
Give your skin a treat.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.