Recipe and photo courtesy of nutritionist and health and wellness writer and food blogger, Sarah Garone, NDTR. @alovelettertofood
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- generous 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 6 1/2 Tbsp. white sugar
- 10 Tbsp. cold butter
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 1/3 c. Greek yogurt
- 2/3 c. oat milk (or other milk)
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a rimless baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. Using a box grater, grate in the cold butter and mix until the dough is crumbly. Zest 1 orange directly into the bowl, add cranberries and mix.
- In a measuring cup, combine Greek yogurt and oat milk. Pour into the dough little by little until moist enough that it comes together in a cohesive ball. (You may not use all of the oat milk mixtures.)
- On the parchment-lined baking sheet, flatten the dough ball into a 2-inch-tall disc. Using a sharp knife, slice the disc into 8 equal pieces and separate them slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until the tops of the scones begin to brown. Store in an airtight container.
Notes: Servings: Makes 8 scones
Enjoy one or all these recipes and your mom is certain to be delighted and enjoy her Mother’s Day!
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.