- 1 cup/or 20 large dates, soaked and pitted dates
- 3 tablespoon ground raw almonds (almond meal)
- 2 heaping Tbs. almond butter (raw & creamy)
- 3 tablespoon shredded organic coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon of filtered water (as needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- cacao nibs (optional)
- shredded coconut (optional)
- raw cocoa powder (optional)
- Soak the pitted and halved dates in filtered water for 30 minutes or until slightly softened. Blend the dates in a high speed blender to form a “paste”.
- Add the almond meal and continue to blend/pulse until combined. Pour this mixture into a large mixing bowl to combine the remaining ingredients. Use your hands and get a little messy.
- Combine all the ingredients using your hands in a “kneading” motion until you form what resembles a very sticky dough. Chill in the refridgerator until cold (about 10-20 minutes).
- Take the “dough” mixture and roll small tablespoon or golf ball sized balls into the palms of your hands. Continue this process until all the dough has been formed into mini balls.
- Place on a plate/rack and put in the refridgerator or freezer until you serve. Keep these cool.
- Optional: you may roll the almond coconut date balls into cacao nibs, cocoa powder, crushed nuts, or more shredded coconut.