Calories: 369 Kcal
Fat: 15 g
Carbohydrate: 41 g
Protein: 21 g
Fiber: 4 g.
- 3 tsp. sesame oil, divided
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced in 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 8 oz. boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1-inch by 1/2-inch strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup toasted unsalted cashews, chopped (roasted peanuts may be substituted)
- In large non-stick skillet or wok heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper and carrot and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove vegetables and set aside.
- Heat another 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat and stir-fry broccoli for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove broccoli and set aside with vegetables.
- Heat last teaspoon oil over medium heat and stir-fry pork, garlic and red pepper flakes for 4 to 5 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. Stir in scallions and ginger and sauté for an additional minute. Stir in vegetables. Add soy sauce and broth. Cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Divide rice among four dinner bowls and top each with stir-fry. Sprinkle cashews on top and serve.