8 g total fat
28 g carbohydrate
3 g protein
3 g dietary fiber
42 mg sodium.
- Cooking spray
- 8 (9" x 14") sheets phyllo pastry*
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 8 Tbsp. whole-wheat panko
- 3 oz. dark chocolate (72 percent), finely chopped – until it resembles grated chocolate, divided
- 4 just-ripe large bananas, peeled and halved crosswise
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tsp. water
- 8 large fresh strawberries
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place a sheet of phyllo with narrow end toward you. Brush it lightly with oil. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon panko over phyllo. Set a banana half 2 inches above bottom of phyllo. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon chocolate over and around banana. Lifting bottom edge of phyllo up over banana, roll it over, covering banana. Fold in sides, then finish rolling banana in phyllo. Transfer phyllo roll to prepared baking sheet. Repeat, wrapping remaining banana halves. Brush top, sides and ends of phyllo rolls liberally with beaten egg. Using small, sharp knife, make 2 diagonal slits in phyllo to let steam escape. Discard remaining egg
- Bake phyllo rolls for 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool baked phyllo rolls on baking sheet for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut bottom tip off each strawberry. Placing strawberry with bottom toward you and rotating blade of a sharp knife at 45-degrees, make 4 or 5 vertical cuts from base to near top, just below hull. Gently press on strawberry to fan out slices.
- To serve, transfer warm phyllo rolls to individual dessert plates. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon grated chocolate over each roll. Place a fanned strawberry on plate, and serve.
*If you can find only 13" x 18" sheets, cut in half to make 13" by 9" sheets.