- Energy 199Kcals/837KJ
- Protein 3.6g
- Fat 5.2g
- Saturated Fat 2.94g
- Carbohydrate 36.6g
- Fibre 3.7g
- Iron 2.3mg
- Calcium 57mg
- 475ml/16fl oz/2 cups water
- 45ml/3 tbsp maple syrup
- 115g/4oz/generous ½ cup caster sugar
- 75g/3oz/3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 50g/2oz plain dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 400g/14oz soft red fruits, such as raspberries, redcurrants or strawberries, to serve
- Place the water, maple syrup, sugar and cocoa in a saucepan. Heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and stir until melted. Leave until cool.
- Tip into an ice cream maker and churn until frozen. Alternatively, pour into a freezer-proof container and freeze until slushy, then whisk until smooth and freeze again for a further hour. Whisk again and freeze until solid.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving, so that the sorbet softens slightly. Serve in scoops, with the soft fruits.